GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about the painted "marine coat" gun, but the genuine all stainless steel gun. Stainless receiver, stainless barrel, and stainless mag tube?

I wanted one years ago but couldn't afford it. Today I held one and I'm tempted to buy it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125,530 Posts
I'm not talking about the painted "marine coat" gun, but the genuine all stainless steel gun. Stainless receiver, stainless barrel, and stainless mag tube?

I wanted one years ago but couldn't afford it. Today I held one and I'm tempted to buy it.

Thanks!
Gunbroker is a good indicator of how rare a certain gun is if you don't have production numbers.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seamaster, really? You came on a gun forum and asked if you should buy it?:animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol: Seriously, if it's something you've wanted and can afford it, get it.
It feels like a big S&W stainless revolver. It's impressive, really cool, sort of heavy, but I don't think I'd actually use it.

Thanks for listening!

·
Just sayin'
4,634 Posts
I'm sure it was an aluminum receiver and not a steel receiver. Good luck on the purchase.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Reactions: porschedog

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you sure the receiver is really stainless steel? All the references I have seen said that the original Mariner had a shinier finish but it was still a nickel plated aluminum receiver.
Yes, stainless. Not aluminum and not plated.

The gun is heavier than the common aluminum receiver 500.

I didn't buy it but I told my friend who would appreciate it more for it's potential. I don't know if he bought it.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Mossberg never made a 100% stainless steel pump shotgun, with their initial/original "Mariner" model having a plated aluminum receiver and a stainless steel barrel. Perhaps you mean the Winchester model 1200 stainless marine, which is entirely stainless:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mossberg 500, 12 gauge, frosted grey metal, synthetic stock, receiver and barrel attract magnet. 18 1/2 inch cylinder bore, 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

U2773XX

1 - 20 of 39 Posts