GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
38,473 Posts
It's not even running into "clients" off duty. In a lot of circumstances, you can see any thug and know he's a thug, just like a lot of them will know you're a cop.

The best is when you hear someone yell out "Hey Officer xxx. Don't you remember me?" And it turns out it's a victim or a victim's parent. But in the meantime, they've just broadcast to everyone that you're a cop, and you don't know who just heard that.
If someone tries to "make" me like that, I just tell them I'm not who they think I am and they are making a mistake.

I also don't respond to anyone yelling out "OFFICER!" or whatever. I will casually look in that direction like anyone else but I won't acknowledge it was directed to me.

What's worse than that is your own family or friends doing that to you.

I met up with a few buddies for breakfast a month ago and we were hanging out before being seated and one of the guys walks up and yells out loudly, "How you doing, officer?" I just keep talking to the other guys without skipping a beat and not acknowledge it. He got it.

·
Federal Member
29,221 Posts
I have met many "ex-clients". Some don't remember me, most of the ones that do remember me, turn a walk away, and only a few will stop and talk to me. Never had a problem with any of them........so far.

:cool:

·
Mr. Awesome
10,269 Posts
I run into former arrestees very often. Every time I go to the gym I see a person or two or three that I have arrested. If I'm at a women chasing establishment I see someone I have arrested about half the time, or more.

I run into many people met on the job in various capacities regularly. Thus far everyone has ignored the fact I was there or been friendly.

I carry a P3AT or a G26 off-duty. However, I don't carry to the gym or to women chasing establishments.

Lately, I've been lazy in regards to carrying.

At the gym I tend to be very watchful of where everyone is. I am also very cautious about doing very heavy weight without a "trusted" spotter. My regular lifting partner is another cop and there are several cops and SO Jailers that workout where I do.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts