Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get one in about every 40 rounds. I consider this unacceptable! I'm using a gen 4 Glock-29. I have returned the gun to stock parts and still have the problem. Maybe I'm limp wresting it? I don't know. Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't want my weapon to fail me, my life might depend on it!

·
MAJ (USA Ret.)
20,476 Posts
Gen 3 G23, Gen 3 G21 with a suppressor (shoots very soft), Gen 4 G43.

well over a couple thousand rounds through the first two, about 200 through the third.

Not a one. No mechanical disturbances. Everything works flawlessly.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,444 Posts
Have someone else try shooting the gun and see if they experience the same problem.

Also, I've had new Glocks require parts replacement because sometimes the parts sit for long periods of time and something happens. That is what a tech told me.

Reactions: sombunya

·
Mentally Frozen
27,291 Posts
I get one in about every 40 rounds. I consider this unacceptable! I'm using a gen 4 Glock-29. I have returned the gun to stock parts and still have the problem. Maybe I'm limp wresting it? I don't know. Is anyone else having this problem?

If you are shooting continuously except just to reload then I don't think it's your pistol. Could be a light load, or limp wrist, or a magazine. Where is the round in the stack when its not ejecting? Have you tried different mags?

·
Registered
12,057 Posts

I had the same problem years ago with my 1911. Turns out I was limp wristing it from time to time. I adjusted my stance and hold and the problem went away. IMHO it's limp wristing.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I have 3 glock 10mm and have never had a fail to eject. Only the newest is a gen 4 and it only has 100 rds through it. Take that for what it is.

Did this just start happening recently or has it always occurred this often?

If there is a GSSF match near you have their armorer take a look at it.

·
NRA Life Member
65,507 Posts

Since around 1989-1990, I have owned, that I recall, 2 Glock 27's, 3 Glock 17's (maybe 4), a Glock 22, a Glock 23, a Glock 35, and a Glock 43 - all but 2 bought used. My wife has been shooting since about 2003 and owns a 26, 17, and 34. I have never had a malfunction with a Glock, that I can recall. I have only seen her have a malfunction once, when trying my light match loads, where I tried to get barely above the IDPA power floor - they worked for me, 100%, but not for her (also wouldn't work in my Beretta).

Only since finding Glock Talk have I learned how hard it is for some people to make a Glock work.

·
Registered
954 Posts
My gen 3 G20 when it isn't suppressed is pretty great. Never a failure to eject or to feed. In fact the only problems I have had were a few primers I loaded backwards and a primer not seated far enough, so it was to=o long to feed, but that was my fault, not the gun. When I run it suppressed, it's pretty good, but I ran into about 5 in a row a couple weeks ago that failed to feed. Theses were also reloads. Changed boxes to a different powder and they all ran fine.

I guess mine only really fails when it's my fault. If my Glock was failing 1 in 40, I'd be pissed and contacting Glock.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Next one will be the second.
First was an underpowered round.
Had to check for a squib.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have made two adjustments since I last fired.
I put the tungsten 21 pound guide rod back in the weapon. I'm using the stock barrel. I'm leaning forward with my shoulders rolled up and my head lowered behind the weapon as G29guy06 demonstrated. That's starting to feel good and natural to me. I just fired 32 rounds without an mishap. I'll feel more confident after I fire another 32 rounds without a failure.

I may have limp-wrested the other rounds?

The heavier spring with tungsten guide rod does remove the slight sting I feel in my hands when I use the stock guide rod, as does holding the weapon firmly.

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Dave:

You've got good hand placement, when you present to the target make sure you extend all the way, no flex in elbows and lean into it. Take it slow (to avoid any 'habits') and slowly, methodically fire and maintain the form and see what happens

1 - 20 of 164 Posts