Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
About once a month. I usually run spyware and malware scans first.

·
Just Win Baby
516 Posts
Once or twice a month with Smartdefragger. It has an auto-defrag feature like diskeeper but I simply don't like them tapping the HDs as often as they do../shrug

·
Registered
489 Posts
the windows desktop has been up for 5 years, haven't defraged. No spyware/adware, no viruses..nadda. Runs as good as windows can run.

·
The Dude Abides
3,033 Posts
i try and do it every few months. Or if i delete or move big chunks of data

·
Registered
30 Posts
the windows desktop has been up for 5 years, haven't defraged. No spyware/adware, no viruses..nadda. Runs as good as windows can run.
I seriously doubt that, especially on a 5 year old PC!

You should try a defrag one night and see if you notice a difference. It certainly can't hurt.

I don't really care for the built-in Windows defrag too, however. I recommend JKdefrag, O&O Free edition, or IObit smart defrag (the only freeware defrag app I've found that can defrag on the fly).

C'mon -- take the Pepsi challenge!

·
NRA Life Member
5,389 Posts
Bout three times the first week, then the schedule runs weekly... Both on Vista and Win7RC.

XP you can make a batch file and add it to the 'scheduler'...

Just depends on what you want! I got tired of doing the maintenance manually... (grin)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Every 90 days. Anything less is a waste of time for you and the computer. Go answer the Defrag question when doing it and it will tell you if you have used files and stuff enough to need to do it....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have mine set to run every night around 2am. I try and run my spyware programs at least once every couple of weeks. I will run them oftener if I am surfing the web much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts