·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is alright to clean it after every 500 rounds or so?;4

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
clean it after every visit to the range, or if it sits in pocket or drawer, once a month.

·
The Fun-Police
1,842 Posts
I clean mine every week, usually the evening after I shoot. Glocks are so easy to clean, I can't see any reason to leave them dirty. It's probably my imagination but mine seems to shoot better when it's nice and clean. I think it's happier! ;)
Mike

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I clean immediately after returning from the range, if possible. I don't like having dirty guns around, and my G27 is my primary carry weapon. Don't want to take any chances with it.

·
Evil Marathoner
503 Posts
Originally posted by Rich
Is is alright to clean it after every 500 rounds or so?;4
I clean my G26 about every 500 rounds or so, typically every few range sessions. Even at 500 rounds, there's not much "dirt" to remove.

At the other extreme for me, is my Ruger Mark II .22LR target pistol. I clean it every time I shoot it, even though it's much harder to clean. It just looks filthy after a shoot and is twitchier than a Glock.

YMMV

·
No California
937 Posts
I usually clean it after I get done shooting it. You could probably never clean it and it would still shoot fine, although I don't reccomend doing that.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i personally think that anyone that does not clean their gun every time they fire it, shouldnt own a gun

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would not carry a dirty gun. Say you are in a mall and there is a shooting, you are carrying, but do not shoot. In this situation it is nice to have a clean gun to immediately establish you did not fire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. Does it do a good job of breaking up the outline to avoid "printing" when wearing snug fitting jeans for example?

Jack

·
MENACE
1,055 Posts
I clean mine after each shooting session, no matter how many rounds I put through it. I know that Glocks will take a lot of abuse, but why risk having your gun fail in an emergency, becuse it was dirty. Remember, Father Murphy and his law rules the universe!!! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
After each time I shoot...I bring it home, break it down and clean it up...

Having said that...another guy I know cleans his once a month 'whether it needs it or not'.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts