How NOT to get rid of a cat

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by S2nd, Mar 7, 2005.

1. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

A family friend of mine decided they didn't want their cat anymore because she was too destructive and uppity for him. Rather than go to a shelter, he and his wife put kitty in a pillowcase (so she couldn't see where they were going), they got in their car and drove three miles out with kitty screaching and scratching the whole way. They had already driven under the 605 freeway, which is anything but a small country road, when kitty broke out of the pillowcase and started taking blood samples. He stopped the car, his wife immediately opened the door, and kitty bolts out of the car like a bat out of hell. They were dead silent on the drive home; not terribly pleased with themselves or what happened. When they pulled up into their driveway, to their disbelief...

Wait for it...

Kitty was waiting at the front door to get in

[​IMG]

When it was all said and done, they just decided to keep her.

2. MrJinx

MrJinx Cats rule!!!

;z

Good Kitty Revenge!!!!

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Dumb, bloody and chagrined.

I love it!!!

4. PhiKappaTauOx

PhiKappaTauOx Meat Popsicle

the best part (for me) was after reading the punch line, i saw your avatar. i can just imagine the cat sitting there, with that grin on its face!

5. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

;i Haha, yeah, I'll bet Peach looked mighty smug after beating them back. I remember my mother told me about this when I was a kid, and I was laughing my azz off. We had five cats then, and I knew how smart they were. Cats wouldn't let their "pets" off that easy :)

BTW, I posted this on another board, and everyone got their panties up in a bunch about how cruel this was, and how abandoning pets isn't funny, blah blah blah. I think I should mention that this happened long before the advent of Internet pet adoptions and no-kill shelters. By the standards of the time, they thought they were doing the humane thing by (unsuccessfully) sending her off to live elsewhere. Yes, they could have taken out an ad or something, but obviously this wasn't one of their brighter moments.