Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my second head cold in six weeks (thanks to that cesspool my kids go to they call "school") and I'm to the point were I would pay an awful lot of money for a cure. Since the over the counter drugs provide little if any relief (even real sudaphed) once the sinus congestion hits me it's just 3 days of sinus pressure, running nose and unable to breath misery. And for whatever reason I find it extremely difficult to sleep when I have a head cold which just makes it that much worse. I usually just camp out on the couch with a full box of Kleenex which I go through with ease.

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
$2.98.

I have personally destroyed a forest's worth of tissue this year. :crying:

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
I go YEARS without getting so much as a cold. Day before Christmas, I came down with a doozy. We postponed our 'family Christmas' two times.

I have just now, gotten rid of (for the most part), the cough.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
About 3.50.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I go YEARS without getting so much as a cold. Day before Christmas, I came down with a doozy. We postponed our 'family Christmas' two times.

I have just now, gotten rid of (for the most part), the cough.
Wow! Zonny I'm glad you're feeling better.
Having a bad cold sucks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't usually get bad colds, but have had 3 bad sinus infections in the last year which is more than usual for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My doctor has a nurse that will give me a shot when i am sick. She says " let me see your hip" Then goes right for the middle of my butt cheek. Med school is messed up, they dont know the difference between the two.

·
Simply Charming
4,883 Posts
Meh, I consider the common cold an integral and cyclical (although sometimes inconvenient) part of maintaining a healthy immune system.

I don't get sick often, but I also know that getting the sniffles every now and again helps keep my immune system strong for fighting off harder-core illnesses.

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
Algore says it's global warming ... er, climate change.

Gaia is crying, we must suffer.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
get a netti pot and add some good amount of salt it burns some but works for clearing you sinus out I been using it for 2 years now. And add more salt when feel a cold or such coming on

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Probably not very much, I get a cold maybe every 1-2 years. Even when I do it isn't that big of a deal. I've always had a pretty good immune system.

·
Banned
2,402 Posts
Until science can cure the cold, science sucks ;)

I double dog dare science to cure the cold.

·
Registered
598 Posts
get a netti pot and add some good amount of salt it burns some but works for clearing you sinus out I been using it for 2 years now. And add more salt when feel a cold or such coming on
If its burns, you're doing it wrong. The burning you feel is your nasal passages getting more irritated.

The general measurement is 1 tsp salt (non iodized -- this is important) and 1 tsp baking soda in 8 oz of body temp. water. You can test the temperature of the water just like you do formula for a baby -- put a drop or two on the inside of your wrist, and it should feel neither hot nor cold.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My doctor has a nurse that will give me a shot when i am sick. She says " let me see your hip" Then goes right for the middle of my butt cheek. Med school is messed up, they dont know the difference between the two.
You realize that doesn't work on viruses?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
The problem with colds isn't the stuffiness; it's the weariness. When I was still employed, I hated to limp thru' a day lacking energy because of a damn cold.
The problem, of course, is that there isn't one cold, but hundreds of viruses; you never get the same one twice, but there's always another version waiting.
I hate a cold more than about anything.
Moon

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
Dude.....go to the doc in a box and get a medrol dose pack or a cortisone shot and get back to your life.

If you go in the morning you'll be feeling better by afternoon.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It seems almost every time I get a cold it turns into a major head cold. I think I have sensitive sinuses. Whenever I eat food warmer than room temperature it causes my nose to run.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Why would "they" want to find a cure for "any" ailment?

Theres no money in cures. Its all a conspiracy.

You get sick, you buy drugs to feel better, not to be cured.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts