close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How much water do you drink?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gwalchmai, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ray9898

ray9898

Yup....plenty of studies say the average person only needed a couple of glasses of water daily to supplement normal intake through foods and other drinks. It is better to judge hydration by thirst and urine color.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html
    http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/No-need-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day-3650324.php

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. BSA70

BSA70

This stuff is terrible for you health. Unless you are working out hard and then you need to select the right time to consume it.:shocked:

3. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

I have a 5 stage reverse osmosis system and drink more than a gallon a day, right up until I go to bed.

I found these 24oz Thermos Stainless Steel Vacuum bottles that leave no after taste and don't sweat all over my desk or Truck cup holder.

In the morning, I knock off at least 16oz's when I jump out of bed. I can feel it in just a few minutes.

4. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I drink nothing but water. I drink no coffee, soda, juice, milk or anything with alcohol.

During the day, I drink from water bottles kept in the refrigerator and filled from the sink. Our water comes from a well near the Gulf and there is a lot of salt in it. When I'm sweating outside, I'll drink the well water and polish off 4-5 good sized bottles. Today, I had three.

At night relaxing, I switch to bottled water in a 1/2 gallon thermos to keep the salt to a minimum. I'll usually kill a 1/2 gallon jug of bottled water in an evening.

Flash

5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

I drink water while at work, maybe two bottles worth most shifts. At home, not so much.

6. Stoneyrn

Stoneyrn

I typically drink 2-3 liters of water a day. If you wait until you are thirsty to hydrate, you are chasing your bodies need. (for most people without health issues such as heart failure and kidney disease)

7. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

I comparable, but not nearly as strict... I'll drink about 2 Cokes per month, about 2 teas per week, but I'll crave milk to the point of sleeplessness if I don't consume 10-12 oz. a day which is usually in breakfast cereal...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. Drjones

Drjones

About 2 gallons per day.

I keep 2, 64oz. Gatorade bottles filled & in the fridge at all times; there's 128oz. in a gallon. I pretty much always kill at least the two and usually refill them.

I used to keep 4 bottles in there & would cycle through them in a day pretty easily.

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Today I drank 3/4 of a gallon,in the summer when we are working in the upper 90's to 100+ I easily drink 1 1/2 to 2 gallons.

10. Drilled

Drilled

11. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Army says One canteen per hr in the field. :drillsgt:

12. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I don't hardly drink enough. I drink way more coffee than water or anything else. I reckon I should fix that habit.

13. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

I was one of those *****holes who thought drinkin' bottled water was a'kin to stupidity..................now I drink 4 17oz bottles a day...........some wine in the evening...some beer when I am hiking.........and no more black coffe or pop at all.

Okay lots of wine in the evening:cool:

14. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Tons.

I just filter it through ground up coffee beans first.
    :supergrin:

15. Bulldog160

Bulldog160 Member

39yrs old just had a kidney stone. Terrible pain. Dr said its been said its the worst known pain to man.
    Anyways he said to avoid getting another I should be at a gal a day of water. I'm trying but that's a lot of water!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

Most days in the summer I drink that before 11 am, 5 days a week... This is not to sound like a water guzzling tough guy, but rather just to mention that it's done easily once you get used to it... I can see the challenge if your daily routine doesn't involve sweating like a rented mule as my day is, but divided out through the day should make it tolerable... If you're awake 16 hours per day, it's about 8 oz. or so and hour... Not too bad..

17. 17&27

17&27

Bingo! When the doctor did my urinalysis after my first kidney stones he told me I should be drinking enough water to pee a gallon a day. That my friends is a lot of water.

18. michael e

michael e

.5 -2 gallons a day during week. Weekend few bottles but mostly beer or tea.

19. NOLA_glock

NOLA_glock Shrug Life

I'll have black coffee in the morning, usually about 3/4 of a gallon of water during the day (sometimes a little more), and a nice beer with dinner. It's a bit.

20. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.