close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How much time is needed for an indoor match?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Grim Reaper, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

I'm considering trying a indoor match (Westland, Michigan) this January and the subsequent matches in Feb and March.

Does anyone have a general idea on how long it may take to shoot an indoor match?

I don't mind hanging out, but I have some other things that may be going on those days and would like to shoot if I have enough time.

I've been wanting to shoot a match for quite some time and my schedule is finally open for all three matches this year.

Thanks

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

that said, 4-10 round mags 2-5round mags a line of shooters should be finished scoring within 1/2 hour.

Thats how it worked at ours.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

if i only shot one time it takes me about 4 1/2 hours, 30 minutes to get checked in and to shot and 4 hours for the trip there and back home.

4. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

Run each person thru the match and then send them packing, and have people show up anytime between 12 and 4 or whatever your time constraints are. I shoot IDPA at a range that runs it like this and I usually show up right after work at a little after 5 and stand around for 10-15 mins then shoot the whole match and head home by 5:30.

5. Carlitos

Carlitos

We used the NRA Range HQ match as a model for our USPSA and IDPA competitions here: www.shootersparadise.com. Short answer: 1 hr.

Format: 4 stages. Each squad is 6 shooters. A new squad starts every hour on the hour from 3 to 9 pm (less for IDPA).

So, that is: 1 hr (60 min) divided by 4 stages = 15 min. per stage.

15 min. divided by 6 shooters = 2.5 min. per shooter per stage. In other words, every shooter gets 2.5 min. to load & make ready, shoot, score, & then paste targets (no brass collection allowed due to time; just like GSSF, its a lost brass match). This does not account for reading the stage scenario. Have to run a tight ship to follow this schedule.

D.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

they don't take that long.