GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Gringo Viejo
28,518 Posts
Back when I was working I was forty-five minutes from feet hit the floor to out the door. That was before meds and waiting requirements, etc. tom. :dunno:

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
This goes for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as well.

upload_2020-10-27_19-15-25.jpeg

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,350 Posts
When I was working, I could be ready to go out-the-door in less than 20 minutes.
Always laid my clothes out, before going to bed.
Here comes the HOWEVER................... my wife and I commuted to/from work together, and she takes no less than 45 minutes to shower and dry her hair.

Thank goodness I'm retired.

Now, the dog wakes me up.
I go to the bathroom, take a leak, flush, brush my teeth, put on some basketball shorts.
Go downstairs, turn on the Keurig, take the dog out.

The rest of the day, I can get ready to do whatever my wife wants me to do.

Love being retired. I have SIX Saturdays and ONE Sunday.

My wife has worked from home, since her right hip replacement. She's still LATE for work, and she only has to walk 15 feet, down the hall, to the office!

Reactions: Combatcomm

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I normally get up at 3:15 AM. Do my thing.... hit the shower... Feed and let the dog out... Make myself lunch... Sit for a bit and catch up on the news via I Pad... Then shut ‘r down... and go to work. Roughly an hour from start to finish.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
I prefer an hour so I drink coffee and read the news and take a long shower, days I have to rush I can be OTD in about 10min.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had 7 minutes from in the bunk to shaved, teeth brushed, and in formation for morning PT at Warrant Officer Candidate school. I’m not that fast anymore. Don’t think I want to be either.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
20 min max , SSS out the door @ 5.05 am x 5 days a week:burn:

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I need 15 or 20 minutes from alarm ringing to out the door. How long does it take you?
Yea, that's not happening with me. I've been lambasted and accosted for making hunting trips late, so no...it takes me a minute.

I live 1 mile (1.1 to be exact) from my job. If I get up less than an hour before I got to be there , I start thinking of excuses to call in late.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
when you have long flowing locks all of 1/4" like I do, you can shower in the evening and be out the door in a jiffy. I'd say I average 10 to 15 minutes from the alarm to pulling out of the garage.

Now that doesn't include breakfast, which I usually get a couple of hours into my work day.

and oh yeah, free Full Clip....

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I truly and sincerely envy you all.

My alarm is set 2 hours from the time I need to LEAVE for work.

I am a chronic snoozer. Usually 25-30 mins on work days. as bad as 3 hrs on days off... especially if on night shift.

I have a routine and I stick to it like super glue. all 7 parts are jotted down on my daily to do list. if I ain't staring at it, I forget it. If anything in my morning routine gets jacked up or rushed my day is ruined.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
These days, usually I take 30 minutes or more, just because I don't feel the need to rush. Heck, sometimes it's more than 30 minutes just to cook breakfast.

Occasionally I get an emergency work related call and will be out the door in under 5 minutes. I shower before going to bed, have water and food in the car or truck for if I need it, and wear the same work pants most of the week, so it's just a matter of throwing them back on, clean shirt and socks, lacing up the boots (which is occasionally the longest part of the entire process) and getting out the door.

Never understood people that wait until the last possible second to wake up and get ready for the day when it's the same time every day, then show up late to work or whatever blaming it on traffic or whatever else rather than just accepting that they aren't good at adulting.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I like to poop before I leave the house and I am very regular , so usually 20 minutes I am out the door . I had to be at work at 7am . I have woke up at 6.35 and made it to work on time .

41 - 60 of 81 Posts