Glock Talk banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
3,707 Posts
Comfort is very important, at least to me but I am betting to the vast majority of us that CCW evidenced by the fact that the S&W Shield is one of the very top selling 9MM pistols with almost 2 million sold now. I find myself CCW my Walther PPS because it conceals so well and is comfortable for long periods of time being so thin/light and I can also shoot it very well. I also carry my Gen 2 Glock 19 quite a bit and I would not want to go much bigger or heavier.

It is one thing to post a picture on the internet of yourself CCW a large and heavy weapon versus actually doing it for extended periods of time standing, sitting, driving, being in a crowd, and maybe even running.

I know a guy I used to work with that bragged about CCW a large and heavy weapon a lot but when I actually met him in person one day off work he was carrying a Shield LOL. I ribbed him about that big time.

· Registered
414 Posts
I carry a Browning Hi Power 9mm in the winter months and a G43 in the summer.
Two solid weapons that I would carry any day of the week.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I don't believe any combination of gun and holster is completely comfortable 100% of the time for every application. But much like having a rock get in my shoes or boots, I can tolerate it to the point it becomes a distraction. I'd rather not get distracted by an uncomfortable holster/gun and be able to keep my focus on the task at hand. Thus, like many other people here, I have a drawer full of holsters that I've tried until I could find the one that works for me for the majority of my needs. Will I switch holsters? Yep. In the summer months when I need to worry about a deeper level of concealment I will switch to an IWB. I find it a bit less comfortable over the course of a long day but it gets the job done better for that situation. And because of that I'll put up with the difference.

· Wayward Member
5,246 Posts
My primary carry gun is an HK USP compact. It is never uncomfortable OWB. It is, however, sometimes unconcealable in the summer, thus necessitating something much smaller. Same as at church in a dress. There is just no way to wear the USPcompact in a thigh holster under my skirt...

Reactions: 315

· Texas Born & Bred
3,711 Posts
Issues like comfort are just like asking what someone carries and why. The answer is going to be subjective relevant to the person being asked. I generally carry a S&W M&P 40 but I also carry a Sig 220 or Glock 30, 29, 20 or a Beretta 92 Centurion. All concealed either OWB or IWB. If I have a need for deep concealment I wear a Kahr CW9. All quite comfortably, thank you, generally 8-18 hours a day mostly.

· Registered
414 Posts
My primary carry gun is an HK USP compact. It is never uncomfortable OWB. It is, however, sometimes unconcealable in the summer, thus necessitating something much smaller. Same as at church in a dress. There is just no way to wear the USPcompact in a thigh holster under my skirt...
And you definitely have to deal with considerations us guys do not when it comes to attire!!

· Registered
3,932 Posts
I believe this question represents a double edged sword. I carry a 1911, a Beretta PX4 FS, and a Shield .45. Is the Shield more comfortable, sure. However, I've found the 1911 or the Beretta carry just as comfortably, depending on the holster I choose. I've had holsters that made the Shield miserable to wear all day, and others that make the 1911 a pleasure to wear all day. While the gun is the load, what carries that load can make all the difference. JMHO

Reactions: 315
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.