Glock Talk banner

How Much Of A Role Does Comfort Play In Your Choice Of Carry Gun.

1806 Views 47 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  gunsmoke92
I know that comfort shouldn't be the primary concern when choosing a handgun for concealed carry but it is A concern.

I started out with a fullsized steel CZ75B. 22 years later I've downsized to my plastic fantastic Glunk 19. There were a couple of other steps along the way but ultimately I quit carrying the CZ because it was like walking around with a brick on my hip.

When I transitioned from my 4006 to my 6906 the weight difference between the two was the primary factor that drove my decision.

I understand the concept that the gun is supposed to be comforting not comfortable but the fact is if the pistol is UNcomfortable enough I'm not going to carry it.

How many of you actually carry a PiTA gun because you feel you're better armed with it
See less
Reactions: ReaPer105
I know that comfort shouldn't be the primary concern when choosing a handgun for concealed carry but it is A concern.

I started out with a fullsized steel CZ75B. 22 years later I've downsized to my plastic fantastic Glunk 19. There were a couple of other steps along the way but ultimately I quit carrying the CZ because it was like walking around with a brick on my hip.

When I transitioned from my 4006 to my 6906 the weight difference between the two was the primary factor...
See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weight to me means nothing .......
Then you're not actually carrying a gun for 8 to 12 hours a day sometimes 16 in real life.

By real life I mean getting in and out of the car. Walking up and down stairs. Going through doorways. Slipping on the ice and falling. Having to stand there for 3 or 4 hours.

You do all that for that length of time you will notice the weight of that gun

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There were a lot of factors that went into my choice of the Glock 19 but the final determining factor was that the 19 was the smallest and easiest gun to carry that I could find that had a capacity that I was comfortable with.

My gun is on me from the time I get out of bed until I get back in bed. I wouldn't carry a 5906 like that. I didn't carry my 4006 like that. I don't even carry my M&P like that because after a while you figure out they're a pain in the ass literally. Why do you think all these cops are walking around with Sciatica?

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Comfort is for seat cushions and undergarments .... not weapons. I welcome comfort but it is not part of the selection process. I do not expect the carrying of a weapon to be "comfortable". I think the concept is unrealistic.
I will and I have carried handguns that were a pain in the *** to carry but only until I find one that's not a pain in the ass to carry.

Perhaps a weapon "needs" to be comfortable to you..and if it does, that's fine but it does not need to be comfortable for me. I simply accept that some things are difficult to do and some things are unpleasant to endure. I have many requirement for a weapon but none of them are related to comfort. I have done plenty of things in my life regarding the carriage of weapons to know how I feel about it , I stand by what I have said.
What do you carry?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.