close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How much longer until Tebow gets the start...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DairyFresh, Oct 21, 2012.

1. DairyFresh

DairyFresh

Just what the title said. I hate the NFL, so I love to see someone who is despised by the organization and its surrounding camp followers do well.

Sanchez seems to be fading fast...

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

I doubt it any time soon.

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Not soon. I mean, does he do anything but take a snap and run for 3yards?

4. 10sRin

10sRin

He's not really capable of doing more!:whistling:

5. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

tebow is a good quarterback..for one i hasnt been given a chance to develop his passing game

and even the style he has now would work well with a running oriented team....i bet if you worked him alittle more on his throwing game and put him with lets say the ravens he would do great

6. napp32

napp32

I think the real question should be, "How much longer until Tebow gets the boot?" I like Tebow and respect his life style; but the simple fact is that he isn't talented enough to stay in the NFL much longer.

7. Angry Fist

This is true. I'm getting moar and MOAR pissed at Flacco every week.

8. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

Rex Ryan snapped up Tebow and shelved him...probably to make up for the fact that he blew it by letting Danny Woodhead slip away... :rofl:

I think assurances were made to Sanchez that they wouldn't replace him with Tebow, who is a pretty damn good (if relatively inexperienced) quarterback. Unless, of course, Sanchez plays like crap consistently and they just have to put Tebow in because they're losing games....

Yes, I watch football...I have to, since the G-D NHL is still on lockout...damn you, Gary Bettman!!!

9. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

That's my kind of woman right there...:iloveyou:

As far as Tebow, I don't see him starting anytime soon. Sanchez played a pretty decent game against the Pats, even though he fumbled it away in OT.

10. Glock&KimberLady

I figure Sanchez is three games away from being replaced - at least part-time - by Tebow. There is no point in continuing to play drag-ass, mistake-laden, no-confidence games when you've got another guy who's proven to do well in the clutch just waiting on the bench.

Sanchez should be playing like a guy who has a devil on his ass...and basically, he does - named Tebow. Keep playing like it's backyard catch, and it will be Sanchez' butt sitting on the bench with that shocked, "Wha' happened?" look he perpetually wears...

11. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

I think that was the whole reason why Rex Ryan brought him in. He wanted to light a fire under Sanchez's rear end more so than to let Tebow slip away to another team. Apparently the experiment hasn't been working as planned. Sold a lot of jerseys though...haha! The AFC East is still pretty tight right now but if the Jets go down in the next 3 games as you have suggested, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing Tebow play a bit more or even start a game.

12. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

"All Tim Tebow does is WIN!!!!" - Skip Bayless, ESPN

"Skip Bayless is a moron!" - pretty much everyone else

As much as I like the guy (Tebow) I don't see him starting over Sanchez. If anything I could see him moving to another position or remaining a backup.

I don't think he is dispised but it would make sense - why look up to Tim Tebow when you can look up to "fine upstanding citizens" like Michael Vick, Antonio Cromartie and Ndonkeykong Suh (no offense to Suh but I absolutely cannot spell that first name).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  13. Gareth68

Gareth68

Rex Ryan is far too arrogant to start Tebow.

Is Tebow an NFL caliber quarterback?

NO

But neither is Sanchez.

Or. for that matter...and comparisons sake, Vick.

You aren't going to win with Sanchez.....maybe Tebow's emotional lift will do something.

It's worth a shot.

14. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

who cares about the NY NotYets

15. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Being a Pats fan, I don't care what they do, as long as they're losing. That said, I think Tebow needs to learn how to block, catch, and become a TE. Otherwise he'll be a transient benchwarmer most of his career, however long that is.

16. ray9898

ray9898

The Jets have more problems than the QB in the failure at that position, in particular their O line. A new QB won't fix that.

17. Glock&KimberLady

I think they may be more inclined to turn him into a running back. If nothing else, Tebow can run the frockin ball. He's not afraid to take a hit, and less likely to take the patented "ooo please don't hurt me" QB slide.

Is he NFL caliber? He's getting there. He can't be any worse than Sanchez at this point.

However, I think using Tebow as a QB, especially for rushing plays, makes sense as well. Tebow won't flinch and throw away the ball if no one is open; he'll just put his head down and go for it. Last year, that was a rather startling move for a QB to take. This year, we're seeing more QBs take the ball in themselves if they have no other option (and even sometimes as a first option). Wilson and Cutler come to mind.

The big boys, like Brady and Older Brother Manning, aren't required to run it in themselves...likely due to a combination of experience and far, far better coverage than the Jets or the 'hawks give their QBs.

I'm all for shaking up the game, keeps it from being the same stale plays over and over (two rushes, one throw, lather, rinse, repeat).

18. Angry Fist

Cain't argue with that. Many teams are in that boat, KC being one of them. 2012, Season of Butterfingers! I don't recall ever seeing so many dropped passes in a season, and it ain't even over yet! :faint:

19. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Never liked Sanchez. No excitement, bottom of the heap QB. You get what you have always gotten from Sanchez.

While Tebow isn't that much better of a QB, he adds excitement. He offers something different and gets people talking.

Dump Sanchez. He ain't you to the promised land. If Tebow doesn't win or sell tickets, dump him too.

20. dne752

dne752 Mad Catter

I think the real question is when will they dump Sanchez, Tebow and Ryan...