how much is it in the back of your mind?...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tim151515, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

that handguns and semi long guns will be banned? i think it is more likely than unlikely...and though i prolly wouldnt give them up...i know i wouldn't be able to use them for range/defense after the fact...and am starting to feel like my future purchases should be more along the line of bolt/pump actions...any one else feel the same way?

2. token5gtd

token5gtd

From My Cold Dead Hands

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

I don't see how they could outright ban possession of them. Another Clinton era AWB may happen some time in the future (Doubtful), but the logistics of banning possession of them are just unfathomable in the US.

4. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

i HIGHLY doubt that they would go door to door telling you to turn them over..but I think they will have an amnesty period..where they tell people to turn them in...and after that they will be illegal fireames. i agree that i wont turn them in...but i know that i would have to keep them hidden...and wouldnt be able to as much as take them to the range...much less use them for HD. my thing is...feeling that this is pretty much inevatible with how much the media portreyes certain politicans that want gun controll against law abiding citizens...i am starting to feel like it would be smarter, financially, to buy guns that i know i would be able to use, even after they do the ban(even england allows bolt action rifles)

5. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

i want to agree oh so bad...but i just see america turning into a very liberal america...and seeing as how the 2nd ammendment saving cases only one by one vote...and the fact that i don't see my generation ever voting in a conservative president...which tells my conservative justices will be replaced by liberal ones...i can't help but feel like they will find some way to abolish the 2nd ammendment(which the supreme court is very much capable of) and give in to the NATO gun ban.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Exactly

7. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

An outright wholesale "ban" is unlikely. It's politically too hard to sell to the masses. An INCREMENTAL ban (sales of NEW products of a certain type) is MUCH more politically "sellable", and thus more likely to be proposed and implemented.

The AWB of 1994 is the model for this type of legislation.

Imagine, if you would, if the AWB of 1994 had reached it's "sunset" and BHO was the POTUS..........

8. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

they don't have to sell anything to the masses...once they get voted into office the masses have no say....a VERY high majorite of Americans support the 2nd Ammendment..but like i said..that doesnt matter once the people that don't are voted into office.

9. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

They will be banned before the end of time. Have to be for the Biblical version of the end of days. Like or not America IS a CHRISTIAN Nation. For the One World Government to take control we have to be disarmed and placed into a form of slavery. Sure most will welcome this with open arms given the view that it happens post rapture. Yes there are a few who wont make the rapture and will fight but they will be viewed as terrorist and dealt with servery and probably on live tv as a deterrent to others.

10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It won't be an outright total ban, they can't get that through. If anything it will just be a slow chipping away at our freedoms, like is going on with everything, not just firearms.

AWB II, then AWB III, etc. But the tide is not in favor of those things for the next few years at least. I actually developed my interest in, and acquired, my first handgun (an HK USP) because of Bill Clinton's AWB. Thanks Bill!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. doktor doom

doktor doom

Duuuude...

12. doktor doom

doktor doom

13. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

i dont think its really all that funny...im 24...and i know for a fact most of my generation doesnt care abotut the facts. they know what they are spoonfed by the media and by school...i don't see what we consider conservative now, ever being elected to office again. i would LOVE to be wrong and have everyone on here telling me i told you so...but i just dont personally see it happening. I mean..even just w/in my generation...if i talk about guns...all they think about is the rappers that talk about guns being tools for drive bys and murders...and people like bill maher saying that the NRA is a terrorist organization..and that the police can protect individuals 100 percent of the time.

14. 427

"You know, I sold all of mine before the ban. I needed the money. All I have left is this old bolt action .22.":whistling:

15. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

I got rid of my semi-auto rifles and carbines. I have two pump shotguns and a few pistols.
    I always thought a 12 ga pump would be the last gun that would be regulated to extinction. I was wrong. I believe a year or so ago it was brought up about mag extensions, bayonet lugs, pistol gripped full stocks and imports.

Be careful to use a banned firearm for self defense. In England, that will put you in prison.

I see the government collapsing before an all out gun ban is in place. But I could be wrong.

16. arclight610

arclight610

I for one embrace our new political overlords. I have none of these "guns" of which you speak. I hang out here because I like Call of Duty.

17. Apetrulis01

Apetrulis01

lost them in a horrible boating accident

18. rilkil23

rilkil23

I certainly think about it but I am not partial to wheel guns so i keep buying semis. I have an AR and a couple pump shotguns. I would have a hard time hiding all my ammo but between me and the two boys we could probably have everything buried in an hour. I hate thinking about not being able to go to the range and shoot.

19. Glock40man

Glock40man

Well put!

20. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I won't even go out a limb and say that an all out ban on semi's will NOT happen anytime soon. There is no STONG movement against them at all. Look what the 94 ban did for Clinton. The Dems immediately lost control of both houses of Congress. We might (and no time soon) see some re-institution of the same type assault weapons ban at some point in my life. I'm 32. Handguns nope!! It would be absolute political suicide for any controlling political party to mess with our gun rights anytime in the foreseeable future IMHO!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012