How Much Is A Glock 18C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RenegadeGlocker, Mar 17, 2003.

1. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Anyone know what the cost (in US$) is of a 3rd Gen Glock 18C? BATF allows most C3 dealers one model of each NFA weapon for demo purposes if requested on LE letterhead. I am wondering what Glock would sell it for.

I only ask because some is trying to sell a used one for $3500. I can't imagine why it would cost more than about $500 tops for a brand-new one.

2. ProGlock

ProGlock He is The One

Hmm...yeah that sounds weird. I would imagine the $500 figure as being the range for an 18.

Now I'm a bit unfamiliar with regards to a C3 dealer area here, but are there any sort of rules in reference to selling a weapon? I mean, can the dealer just set their own price? If so, and the 18 is legit for LE only use, then good luck on him finding a buyer.

3. hcook

hcook

I don't know what the going rate is, but you could post the question on Sturmgewehr.com or Subguns.com in the NFA Discussion.

IIRC, they're not as cheap as you might think.

4. ProGlock

ProGlock He is The One

The extra piece of metal that is connected to the selector, those combined probably cost maybe $5-$6. The different type of slide to accomodate that probably adds on another $20 from the regular G17 slide.

Add in maybe $10-$20 extra for Glock's profits, that's probably about it.

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

That is the way I see it too, My c3 dealer has paid the following for post-86 dealer demos:

MP5 - $1250
    M16 - $700
    AR15 DIAS - $200
    Glock Conversion Device - $250

I can't see how a USED G18 can be $3500, nobody would buy them; everybody would go the conversion route, especially since a conversion can be dropped into a G22/23, which is what most PDs use.

6. Roughneck-2zero

Roughneck-2zero Glocker

I think the L.E. price for a new G18 is around $750. Maybe that includes the paperwork.