close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How much fat have you lost since Jan 1?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sharpshooter, Jan 17, 2010.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

How much fat have you lost since Jan 1? And how did you do it?

2. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

3. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

I've dropped 16lbs as of yesterday, however I started the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

I just decided it was time to lose weight and make a real life style change. I use an app on my iPhone called Lose It. I punched in my stats, height, weight, age, and goal weight and how much I want to lose each week. I have it set on 2lbs a week. I simply input the food that I eat daily, not exceeding the caloric budget for that day. I've been doing a light whole body cardio weight routine, (about 17 exercises, 15 reps each and I don't stop in between sets, though the first five sets are core, followed by 10 minutes on a stairmaster doing intervals, and then back to the weight room for the other twelve sets as mentioned). I do the latter 1 - 3 days a week. It takes me about 40 minutes each time. This routine is not building any muscle. It just preserves what is there, so that when I reach goal weight of 160lbs, I will switch gears and add 5 lbs of muscle, so ultimately I'll weigh 165lbs.

On the above I've averaged 2 lbs/week and taken almost 2" off my waist, (I've averaged about a 1/4 inch lost consistently each week).

Couple of other things:

-I'm a 42 year old male 5'7.5" tall, I presently weigh 219.6lbs as of 1/16/10.
    -I weigh and measure myself every Saturday morning between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. about ten minutes after I've used the bathroom that morning. I usually have my last meal the night before at about 7:00 p.m.
    -I'm in this for the long haul. It will likely take me the better part of this year, (by next November/December) to reach 160lbs and a 32" waist at present progress.
    -My job has me on my feet a lot, I teach 5th grade.
    -The food I eat comes largely from the recommended list from "The Abs Diet."
    -I've been averaging 40+ grams of fiber, 40+ grams of fat, and 120+grams of protein. My caloric intake is between 1500 and 2000 calories daily. I purposely do this so that my body doesn't get use to a set cycle of food.
    -I largely ignore all this on Saturdays for the most part, though I'm trying to cut back on the "cheat day."

YMMV.

Good luck!

Best,

Dave

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. Hyksos

Hyksos

Lol...

I gained weight since New Years, the Holiday eating got me good!

5. ranger56528

ranger56528

7.1 lbs.........Elliptical,bowflex and Exc Bike every other day..............25lbs ta go by April 1st...knock on wood...

6. area727

area727 G23

None. Been weightlifting, trying to add a couple pounds.:whistling:

7. RCP

RCP

Down from 233 to 224 as of this morning.

8. Foxfire5

Foxfire5

Four pounds. I cut out all sugar and went to low sodium diet. I have six to go to my normal weight of 175lbs. I was walking 4 miles a day but stopped Thanksgiving. Starting back tomorrow. Good luck to all!

9. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Knock it off guys, you lose it, I find it

10. lwt210

lwt210

Lost about 26 pounds over the last four months.

Was able to keep it off over the holidays. Something I have never been able to do.

Low carb is the only thing that works for me. No breads, potatoes, or rice. And when I say breads that includes breaded foods and such. I lost the weight quick. Went from a 40 in the waist on jeans to a 36.

Started at 252 and was 226 this morning. We have our scales set 6 pounds high to match the Dr office scales.

My diet consist of grilled meats (which I love anyway), eggs, salads, nuts, fruits (yeah, they got carbs but I love oranges and apples), veggies, and such. Chicken, steak, shrimp, and fish are my best buddies now.

When we go out, I get fajitas most of the time and eat one less tortilla than I used to. Snacks are fruit, summer sausage, cheeses, and a mixture of Planters Deluxe mixed nuts(macadamias, cashews, almonds), golden raisins and semi sweet chocolate chips. Kind of a decadent trail mix. Wife and I are both hooked on that.

Chick fil A has a southwest grilled spicy salad that when combined with their spicy dressing is a lunch time delight.

Soups that are lower carb are my friends too as is chili.

But for me bread is the big thing to stay away from. Swells me up something fierce.

I was walking a brisk three miles a day but when it got cold I postponed that. I truly miss the walking. Made my Bp go down to nothing. As soon as the spring hits, I will be back out there walking. I feel a ton better when I am walking several miles a week.

11. ranger56528

ranger56528

Cell-Tech..........................Spendy but worth it....

12. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Hang on...let me look.....nope, she's still in the recliner

13. pbv

pbv

5 Lbs as of last wednesday. I use Loseit from loseit.com on my ipod touch, basically just calorie counting. I am expecting to lose 70Lbs by the end of July.

14. Spence

Spence

I have lost 45 pounds since October 20. Went from 250 to 205 in that time. I am 6'4" mid 30's. I work out 6 days a week for atleast 1 hour. 3 times a week I lift heavy to build muscle, yes I still lost weight while I built muscle. In fact I believe the more muscle I built the faster the fat fell off. So weights 3 times and cardio 3 times a week. Go hungry a little bit, but dont starve yourself ever. Starvation is really bad for long term weight loss goals. Eat 6 smaller meals each day. Breakfast is super important and I know this for a fact. When I started I didnt eat breakfast and the weight loss was slow. Once I began eating breakfast I was dropping 2-4 pounds per week. Find things to cut out of your eating habits. Do you drink soda, eat fastfood? DONT Do IT. Anyone can lose weight its just getting started thats hard. Get past those first 2 weeks without skipping a workout and the rest will come naturally. I ran/walked a 14 minute mile when I started. In just 3 months I can run a 9 minute mile and want to improve more! Good luck on your journey!

15. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

approx 10 pounds by only eating 2 very light meals a day and exercising 20 minutes a day.

16. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Since 1/1/10?

Maybe 1 pound.

Since 5/15/09?

17. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

18. bob_fuller

bob_fuller

I've gained about a pound. I'm 6' 150Lbs...

my caloric intake is 2500+ depending on the day. on fridays (the day before my long run) it's usually around 4000.

19. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

About 3 lbs. But that's not precise.
    I bought a digital scale yesterday which said I was at 277.6.
    I did it with 5 hours on a treadmill in the last week.

Regarding that treadmill, the salesman who sold it to me explained that I could get a refund on the sales tax if I could get a script from a doc for a treadmill. I got in to see the doc yesterday, and she remarked that I'd lost 3 lb since my last visit a month ago.

That special deal is a Texas thing.

Oh, and my wife is 134 lb with her shoes on.

20. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

I started a low carb diet this past monday and have lost 5 pounds so far. Of course I'm still carrying about 60 pounds to much. I've been lifting weights so that had contributed some weight gain. Low carb is the hardest thing to do especially for someone like myself that is addicted to junk food but it's the only thing that works for me. I've tried low fat and slim fast but just cutting out sugars and high carb foods like bread just works for me.