Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...

I'm sure it's a negligible amount, but I'm wondering what the weight difference is between a regular Gen4 17/19 vs the Gen4 17/19 with factory front serrations. Obviously there is material milled away on the front serration models, so it has to weigh somewhat less.

If you have one of the new front serration models, a regular Gen4, and an accurate scale, can you humor me and weigh them? Either slide vs slide or unloaded gun vs unloaded gun.

Thanks!

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Official GLOCK website lists both unloaded G17.4 & G17.4 FS at 710 grams and both unloaded G19.4 & G19.4 FS at 670 grams.

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Just a WAG: GLOCK probably maintains a constant weight per model by machining out the necessary weight from the inside portion of the slide.

Reactions: Jsferrazza

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
When I get mine home next week I will weigh them and also compare them to the Gen4 C models.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Don't forget...some of the Summer Specials have steel sights. Those are much heavier than polymer sights! :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I checked their site, which is why I'm asking this. I just found it interesting that they're listed as the same weight, when both the "C" and front serration models would appear to have a small difference in weight due to having less material.
it's what Trozau mentioned. They cut out enough from each slide to make the weights equal. Didn't mean to sound like I was wanting to argue about it.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,461 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I couldn't weigh the SS vs Standard Gen 4 last night because my scale batteries died. I'll pick some up today and try again tonight....

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,461 Posts
Okay, so here are the weights I got on my kitchen scale. Slide only, Barrel and Recoil Spring removed.

Gen 4 G19 Standard slide with standard plastic sights = 12.3 oz or 349 grams.

Gen 4 G19 Summer Special w/ Glock steel sights = 12.4 oz or 352 grams.

So, the SS slide weighs 1/10 oz (3 grams) more than the standard Gen 4 G19. In other words, about the same. :)

I also have a Gen 4 G19 slide with Trijicon HDs, If anyone wants to know the difference there, let me know and I'll weigh it too.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, so here are the weights I got on my kitchen scale. Slide only, Barrel and Recoil Spring removed.

Gen 4 G19 Standard slide with standard plastic sights = 12.3 oz or 349 grams.

Gen 4 G19 Summer Special w/ Glock steel sights = 12.4 oz or 352 grams.

So, the SS slide weighs 1/10 oz (3 grams) more than the standard Gen 4 G19. In other words, about the same. :)

I also have a Gen 4 G19 slide with Trijicon HDs, If anyone wants to know the difference there, let me know and I'll weigh it too.
Notice any difference internally where weight on the regular 19 slide may have been reduced, but not on the front serration 19?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.