GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,194 Posts
To this I say we each have a different out look on Dogs. My Big Dog cost zero to train. Guards the home for free, guards the Grandkids for free, walks herself for free and is smart enough to poop in the woods, not in the yard. Oh and She helped me with this just yesterday. View attachment 839444 View attachment 839446
Does she clean the shotgun too?

My German Shorthaired Pointer was a natural bird dog. She couldn't not hunt.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Paraphrasing Mark Twain: "I've never seen a man so poor that he didn't own a dog. In fact, I've seen them so poor, they owned several."

Get a dog. It'll change your life. Big dog owner here: Have a 200# (220 in his prime) English Mastiff who is on his way out (9+ years old). Just got an English Lab pup as his companion and carry-over.

It sucks when you have to put them down, but it is the most compassionate thing you can do. Hold them, honor their life, cry like a baby when they are gone, and go get another.

I like the company of dogs way more than people. Pure, unconditional love.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Please stop posting these pictures of pheasant hunting. It's making me unbearably jealous and angry that I haven't been in years. :p

Some of my best hunting experiences were chasing roosters. Some in Michigan, but mostly in Iowa and North Dakota.

One funny story. I grew up in Michigan and my family are all farmers but it's become impossible to find a pheasant on that beautiful land in years.

So off we go to Iowa, ending up in Knoxville hunting in a place called Red Rock. I'd never shot a pheasant before mind you. So we're working a field and all of a sudden there are 20 birds in the air. You can imagine how excited I was, never having seen 20 birds in one place in my life.

But I pulled off a double on my first try.

2 hens.

The air is thick with roosters and I shoot 2 hens.

One of my more embarassing moments. We took them and cooked them up in the hotel though. Damned if I was going to let them go to the foxes.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts