How much "disrespect" do you tolerate?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ExxoticOne, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

My interrogatories du jour:

What's your definition of being disrespected? How much "disrespect" will you tolerate before you "open up a can" on somebody? How short is your fuse when someone "goes there" with you?

2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I'm getting a little better about that as I get older, but there's still a line.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

At work I ask, Tell, then Make..
    If I have to get to make they have had a bad day.

When not at work I am nice and try to avoid conflict, If someone goes out of their way to garner my "Special Attention" I always make it an occurance they will remember and not in a good way.

4. pac201

pac201

Are we related? :supergrin:

Seriously, my thoughts exactly.

5. hhb

hhb

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, and I'll treat you worse.

6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

this. When I go to work and have the costume on, the switch is turned, I don't tolerate too much nonsense.

7. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" :tongueout: :wavey:

I can ignore just about anyone, as long as they keep their hands to themselves.

Anyone that carries should first be sure that they have a looong, loooong fuse....carrying concealed changed my attitude a LOT.

8. Harvick

Harvick

Not much anyone on the internet can say to make me cry on my keyboard or pee in my cereal. Everyone has different depths of skin. Men are definitely wired different in this respect:whistling: I'll try to keep these responses in mind goin' forward on here. :wavey:

9. zigzagg321

zigzagg321 clever quip

Sticks and stones...

10. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Yes we are wired differently but I have seen good women "GO OFF" for nothing more than words...

And when I say GO OFF I mean opening a Costco sized can of whup azz!!!!

11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

This is my attitude. I don't tend to let the ignorance and immaturity of others to affect me. And I see people that "go off" at even perceived "disrespect" as insecure and immature and not worth my time.

I have a very long fuse for just about most things, but when it does reach the end... well, I have been told that it's like having a nuclear strike or wave after wave of B52's carpet bombing an area. So I have been told by several people that know me.

Anyhow, words are words and if they have an impact on you and affect you in a manner that trips your trigger... you may want to do some personal growth and healing to correct YOUR issues. That's my opinion.

12. glock192327

glock192327 Where is eye

Generally, if someone looks at me strange, I shoot them. If they don't say, "hello, how are you today" in a manner suitable to my stature, I shoot them. If they don't bother to pay for my lunch, I shoot them. Pretty simple I suppose.:whistling:

But truthfully, if someone says something bad to me on the internet, I cry for days. It's terrible. :crying:

But really truthfully, for the most part, I think carrying a firearm makes you a good bit more polite, and agreeable. And that is a good thing. So maybe it's true, and armed society is a polite society...

13. Big House

Big House Biggest member

While at work, I ask, tell, then subdue. After hours, it takes a lot to move me past the pizzed state of emotion.

14. Burn

Burn Taco Hack

I have always hated the Sticks and Stones saying there is no truth to it...WORDS can hurt very much...and when someone says something Hurtful because they have no fear of reprisal we have a bully in the making...

99.99% of the time I walk away...because I do my best to be the bigger man...usually threats made in a serious manner are what get under my collar

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  15. badge315

badge315

I usually ignore most 'disses', secure in the knowledge that I could end the disrespectful individual's life on the spot if I chose to. :yawn:

OTOH, if somebody publicly 'disses' me in an attempt to embarrass or humiliate me, then I will instruct that individual to defecate into his head covering. :supergrin:

16. Burn

Burn Taco Hack

Spitting on me in a manner to convey disrespect (think old western style spitting on the boot, or in my face)....that really gets to me

17. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I hate rude behavior in a man... I won't tolerate it.

18. Harvick

Harvick

Three women walk into a lounge of 2000 drunkin' Marines with guns.... What could possibly go wrong:supergrin:?

19. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I just try to move on along if it's a stranger. Ignoring people that treat others like that is a good policy or you might end up in a lot of trouble...especially if you carry and something happens and it could've been prevented by just moving on.

As far as family and friends though...I won't tolerate much. My worthless sister stole from my dead grandmother, my mom, one of my mom's clients, and my dying stepfather and she was doing it to support an oxy habit. I tore her a new one as soon as I found out and we were alone. She don't like me much anymore but she should learn that you can't treat people that way, especially family.

Greg

20. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

I was answering ExoticOne's "interrogatories du jour" regarding "disrespect".

Threats made in a "serious manner" wouldnt be considered by me to be disrespect.

Disrespect is talking about yo' mamma or cutting in front of you in line at the Tom Thumb.

Disrespectful words in the context of the OP's question get the sticks and stones reply. Not threats.