close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How much dishonesty can you take?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hussell_Crowe, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Hussell_Crowe

Hussell_Crowe

Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Sigh. Advice is highly needed.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Yeah....no. I wouldn't have any of it.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I will give the best advice in this thread: dont ask for relationship advice on GT.

4. Adjuster

Adjuster

I LOVE LOVE LOVE GlockTalk! It doesn't get any better than this place. The rest of the internet is useless. :faint:

/

5. NMG26

NMG26

And you figured all this out how?

Seems to me you should move on and be thankful for the communication skills you learned in this one.

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

See, if the girlfriend realized this, she wouldnt have been on an online dating site and this whole issue would be a non-issue.

7. Hussell_Crowe

Hussell_Crowe

I know there are some trolls out there, but thats ok, I accept that. I simply don't understand the need to lie to me, OVER AND OVER again regarding this. If all you wanted was friendship, she should have had no issue saying " I'm talking to a couple guys, but its strictly platonic "

One of the biggest red flags is, she willingly gave her phone number to a work friend, so the work friend could randomly pass her number to one of her friends? and...she's talked to this guy on the phone and texted him every other day.

For what it's worth, I don't do any of these things. I'm 100% faithful, and would never do anything to even be considered shady.

8. raven11

raven11

if she isnt cheating on you now she is planning to

9. Hussell_Crowe

Hussell_Crowe

All of these issues were found out via her cell phone. She let me go through one day, and I assume forgot about these contacts. So, it was always me finding out via having her phone.

10. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

11. NMG26

NMG26

Two phones is the problem. Get rid of one of them and share the other.

12. Hussell_Crowe

Hussell_Crowe

If it matters, she's had a rough past-family issues-personal issues-abandonment issues. I truly believe she loves me, but I don't think she understand what acceptable boundaries are in a healthy relationship. I hope I can help her realize, you simply can NOT do these things, and not eventually expect everything to fall apart. Which unfortunately it has, ALL we do is argue lately...It's sad.

13. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Like F14 says, eject, eject, EJECT! Give her free reign to talk to other guys or gals or whomever she wants. She wants out but apparently can't break your heart yet.

14. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

You are young. Get some crazy grudge sex out of her , then dump her and don't look back.

15. hpracing007

hpracing007

16. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Join the Thunderbirds?

18. Hussell_Crowe

Hussell_Crowe

See thats the thing. I may be relatively young, but I'm 25...I don't really WANT to go out and bang random chicks, not that I'm ready to get married, but I certainly wanted me and her to last a very long time.

I just dont know if I can trust her. A part of me thinks " If she's that unhappy, she would have left ME, and when she has shown some remorse for her actions.

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Where is the standard GT request about women/relationship threads??? Almost 20 posts in without asking for the most important info...

20. ked

ked

if this is for real, then i am sorry. with as much BS i put up with my ex-wife, i'd like to say something positive. BUT I CAN'T. IF you were married, i'd say try as hard as you can, but since she is your GF, i'd say prepare for the inevitable. a woman who would do this, will NEVER be faithful. i mean, asking a friend to give out her #!

time to bail, and don't get sucked back into the relationship!

ked