How much could I get for my AR?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Achped, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Achped

Achped

I have a stag arms 3h upper, Bushmaster lower with milspec tube and vltor stock, magpul MBUS sights, KAS rail, eotech xps2-0, surefire M951 and its in a new pelican 1720 with like 9 30 rd USGI mags, 3pt sling, cleaning kit, etc and its unfired.

This is the only pic I have of it right now, before I got the quad rail and eotech. It was still in its building phase.[​IMG]

The reason I ask is because Hawaii is a pain in the *** with this thing. Theres only one range and you can only put 5rds in the mag and there's no rapid fire allowed. Also, there are idiot LEOs with earrings and nose-rings who will try to confiscate (For their own personal collection) your 30rd magazines. Not only that but ammo its like $1.50 a pop, and I already have this.

[​IMG]

Would it be worth selling my stag/bushmaster frankenAR?? I have about $1500 in it so far I'm guessing, probably more. I would hope to get at least 2/3 of that but I feel like its unlikely so I may just end up keeping it. Advice? Should I just keep it so as to at least have a "pre-ban" AR whenever the next federal ban comes along? Then I can be a ****** like the thousands of guys in the late 90s who were selling pre-bans for $1000 more than post-bans? (Sorry for that little rant), but really, what would you do? I mean its pretty much a "case-queen". I've had it for about a month now and haven't even shot it, I've seen it so infrequently I don't even have a picture of the thing fully assembled.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. THELimey

THELimey Ancient Member

How do you know these 'idiots'are LE ????

Are we all idiots??? or just those of us with earrings and nose-rings??:upeyes:

Your franken AR is worth what you can get for it. You could make more by parting it out.

3. Achped

Achped

Because they flash a badge, and then when I call BS they flash their ID card.

Excuse me but have you ever been to Honolulu? Ever have a run in with them? Have you ever seen the cops there? I'm the biggest fan of LEOs ever, and where I was born I have more respect for LEOs than alot of the congregation at church. But LEOs in the city and county of Honolulu are grimey. End of story. Gotta make sure I fill out some paperwork when I'm at the range or else I'll get pulled over when a cop sees the rifle case in my backseat (won't fit in the trunk) and will ask to see registration for it and then call the range to make sure I was actually shooting there. I haven't been pulled over on my way to the range yet, who knows what will happen. Is that even legal? Is having a rifle-looking-case probable cause to get pulled over? I don't know.

Please don't take my jab at Hawaii's LEOs as personal. Maybe one day when the Marine Corps lets me have nose rings and earrings and I can look and act completely unprofessional I'll care a little more for these guys.

4. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding your writing. But if you've never fired it how are you getting pulled over all the time with it in your car?

Also how do you know that those officers are trying to add it to their personal collection?

Is it that nice that they would risk their jobs to get it? If that is the case, you should ask for $1,250,000 because that is about what the career earnings are for a LEO, if you think it is worth one of their jobs, that is what you should ask for it...

5. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

It is worth more parted out.

6. djegators

djegators

Bingo.

7. Achped

Achped

You are misunderstanding, but thats okay. I'll explain, its really quite simple.

I have more than one gun.

I'm sure if it was the sixties and I was a black guy telling you white cops in Alabama treated me wrong you wouldn't believe me. Its no secret (in Hawaii) that HPD doesn't like gun owners, especially white, military gun owners. This is the same HPD who lets hookers walk rampant down the waikiki strip right in front of the HPD satellite office. If anyone has ever lived on "the rock" I guarantee they will vouch for me, so lets drop it unless you can speak from experience. There's no reason for this to turn into a "You hate LEOs" pissing match, because I don't. At all.

http://www.hawaiishooters.com/forums/index.php You have to register to read alot of the threads but there are countless stories of bullying from these guys. They post up at the range and will try to unscrew your flash hider if you have a permanently attached 14.5" just to make sure its not illegal, walk by and sneak a peak trying to see if someone has a +10rd pistol mag. But I guess they're just doing their duty.

Anyway. Part it out? As in Lower/Upper/Optic? Or break it down even more like take the rail off and sell it separately? Put the original plastic handguards back on, etc?

8. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

I'm glad you see it that way.

9. newenglandwood

newenglandwood

These other guys don’t know how good they have it.
    Some LE officers have to do their jobs, make sure you don’t give them a reason.
    Put it under your bed. It’s better to be a have than a have not.
    It looks nice on the chair, anyway.

10. Crazy KD

Crazy KD

The one in the chair is his second rifle not the one he is selling. Part it out or at least sell off the Eotech separate.

11. Kentak

Kentak

12. shineybore

shineybore

:rofl::rofl:

This guy asks a simple question and then the internet super heroes come out of the wood work. This site is great but, damn...................

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

13. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

In this economy, $1,500 or so.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd part everything out. You've got some high quality accessories there.

AR #2 is sweet by the way.

14. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

The simple question was one part, but if you notice most of the original post was a bit out there... implying that the cops wanted to take his guns for their personal collections, which is a bit out of left field...:upeyes:

15. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

I haven't, but I watch Dog the Bounty Hunter so I totally know what you're talking about!!!

I would have never gone to 25th when I was in... at least in Italy or Germany you can live under the fascist bootheel and there's cheap, good beer and hot chicks... It's just depressing to be deprived of your guns living under your own flag, and contrary to popular belief Hawaiians don't look like the Hula girls you saw on TV!!!

16. shineybore

shineybore

:arg:

Well, since we have already hijacked his thread and now destined to be locked.

IBTL!!!!!!

I could tell you all kinds of LE stories. Some I'm sure you would not like to hear. How do you know he is not telling the truth? I assume 99% of the people on here is full of *****. I like how people on here bash people for the jobs they have and money they make. I post something about are they jealous? Their response is hey I'm 23 years old make 7 figures a year and since I was 12 I had 10 rental properties.

I don't put nothing past anyone. I don't care what oath you take. Humans will always be humans. Always tempted. Guess what here is a saying a guy in college used to tell me.

"It ain't against the law unless you get caught"

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

17. trifecta

trifecta

If you don't want or need the rifle, sell it. Parting it out might be more profitable.

As for the other stuff...I lived in Hawaii and was just back a few months ago. I managed to have no problem with HPD, but I didn't go to the range. I saw MANY officers, and none had a nose ring. The few I spoke to were normal looking and acting. How they manage to see your rifle in the back seat repeatedly is odd. Maybe cover it with a beach towel or something if that isn't illegal?

Are you using the range over near Koko Head? Is there one on base you could use?

If LE seizes something, they should give you a receipt or some type of documentation, making it more difficult to take your stuff for personal use.

Good luck with your rifle sale.

18. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Funny you should put it that way... I completely agree with you on that observation :whistling:

19. Achped

Achped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, thats my pride and joy, I have a friend (who's dad is an LEO dealer for ****, got me the PEQ-15 and PVS-7B) who has offered me *alot* for the entire setup but I don't think I will ever sell it. I like that gun more than I like my wife. (Thats why it has special "photoshoot" pictures and this gun I only use my cell phone lol, I don't even take it outside.)

Here are more pics of it, the eotech is still new in the box but everything else is on it now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the idea of parting it out, but I don't like the idea of selling the upper, the eotech, the rail, and then having a fully assembled lower that I can't do anything with if no one wants to buy it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  20. Achped

Achped

I said magazines, not guns.