close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many people under 30yo hunt?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Sixgun_Symphony, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

The trend is that hunting is a graying sport. Not enough younger people are getting into the sport and I am wondering about the future of hunting.

How many young fellas hunt? Do your friends hunt? How many of 'em don't hunt?

2. Finch

Finch

I don't hunt. I don't have anything against hunters, I just feel that you shouldn't kill anything unless it needs to be killed.

3. 45g21

45g21

I hunt every chance i get. Mostly dove, ducks, deer, hogs, and rabbits.

Most of my friends hunt as well.

4. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

Mostly Deer and Pheasant. On an off day or when I have nothing better to do than walk around in the woods with a shotgun I'll go rabbit hunting with a friend of mine who is really into it.

This spring I want to try Turkey, and sometime I'd like to try for some Geese or Duck.

I also fish and steelhead when I have the spare time.

Hunting is kind of graying, and I'm not sure why. Where I live we still have a very respectable number of sportsmen, but the number is shrinking.

5. Timothy658

Timothy658

I am tagging along with my father in law tomorrow on a hunt. Its an antlerless deer hunt. I'll be gone for three days. It'll be my first time out, so Im looking forward to it. If I enjoy it, I will get a license and hunt myself next year.

6. G22 Kid

G22 Kid

Rifle hunt deer

upland game such as pheasants, quail and grouse

duck hunting every few years

Elk hunting(usually with a bow, haven't got anything yet)

I did get a cow elk when I was 12...

I'm 19 now, and I do lots of fishing!

7. younggenious

younggenious

I hunt every chance I get. So far: Rabbit, Quail, Deer, Turkey, and a lot of other less significant critters.

8. cobrablade

cobrablade

I don't hunt anymore. Guess I've evolved into a critter lover. Around here they'd call that a p*ssy, but you'll have that. I know how, & I'm good at it, but I get more of a kick watching the animals and trying to figure out their personalities.

The only hunting that I do now is paintball. It's more fun for me when they shoot back.

Btw...frequently visiting my yard I now have all types of birds, squirrels, groundhogs, flying squirrels, rabbits, occasional opossums, rabbits, and a few other furry things.

9. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I was raised on hunting and will never give it up, all of my friends hunt too

10. AlexTheShotgunn

AlexTheShotgunn

i love to hunt pretty much any thing that tastes good

11. cobrablade

cobrablade

Definite carnivore here. I'd hate to kill something as awesome and beautiful as a bear, but...damn they taste good!

12. YardBird

YardBird

Every chance I get. Squirrel, rabbit, turkey, woodcock, pheasant, & deer. I go out w/our dog as often as possible.

13. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

When I was younger was when I had more time to hunt.I went every chance I got.Now I really have to plan ahead to make time to go hunting.

14. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

I used to. Not too much anymore(lack of time/place) But I still go out to deer camp for a few days every year.

15. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

I used to hunt pheasants, deer, ducks, grouse, quail, coyotes, but havent gotten to do much in the last 3 years, cause of this Army gig.

16. minnshooter

minnshooter

I do a lot of hunting. I just grew up with it and now that I live in Minnesota it is easy to get into. I just walk out my door and have some the of the best pheasant hunting available to me. Going to go deer hunting next week. Hopefully a lot more of the crop will be out- less places for the critters to hide.

17. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

I'm under 30 (barely) and hunt, fish, and trap just about everything that walks, crawls, flies, or swims! My wife just turned 30 and hunts and fishes with me , She has her trapper's license just isn't big into it. Most of my close friends (all under 30 ) hunt and fish, and by gum, my newborn baby son (5 months old) already owns a .22! (No, he hasn't fired it yet, the wife won't let me take him out yet!) :)

18. Juell

Juell Gun Nut that is

I've never really hunted, don't have anything against it, and probably will do some hunting at some point anyway, but I grew up in Seattle, so I've never had too much experience around it besides with my grandfather and uncle.
    I'd really like to shoot an elephant though!!! It's pointless, and I'll probably never do it, but that would be cool to be able to say I shot an elephant!:cool:

19. RedTape

RedTape

I love to hunt. It's part of who I am. Started duck hunting when I was 11. Bowhunting for deer when I was 13. Gun hunting when I was 16.
    Haven't really had a place to go the past couple of years. I do plan on bringing the shotgun up here after T-Day and doing some duck hunting though.

20. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

I'M 21, and I HUNT AND I'M D***ED PROUD TO SAY SO!!!!! (Sorry. I probably didn't have to add that part here, but oh well.;f ) I have 3 or four friends who hunt.

;g

;8 ;I