close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Rupert

Rupert

Many of us do raise money for npr. No people giving money to npr = no npr. If this Romney aims to cut unnecessary spending and points to NPR, he needs to pull his head out of his *** and take a harder look to find where all our taxpayer dollars are really being wasted. Cutting NPR funding and saying look at all that unnecessary spending I cut is a joke. It's a few million when the debt is in the trillions. But he doesn't really want to cut spending. He wants to cut taxes for millionaires, stifle political opposition, forward his ideology, then sell the farm for a few quick bucks and bad, unsustainable jobs. Let's face it, our economy isn't the only one in the toilet right now. It will take more than one man (and country) to fix it. Anyone who stands up and claims he can is taking you for a fool.

2. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

You need to think bigger. There is no single massive expense that we can point to and say, "if we just cut that out we could fix the spending problem". We need to prioritize our spending, item by item, and then defund expenses from the bottom up until we've balanced the budget. We should then cut the budgets of the items we are left with until they have been trimmed of unnecessary spending.

It's going to suck, but it's better than total collapse.

3. Providence

Providence

Oomph, you're an Obama supporter! Now I understand your comments.

Edit: I meant to write "ooooooooh", but auto-correct "fixed" it. Oomph sounds a little more argumentative that I was thinking. I was wondering why you would think continuing to contribute funding to NPR in our dire financial condition. When I realized that you are an Obama supporter it made sense.

Please vote! It's that important!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. onebigelf

onebigelf

Possible, but I've got to say, I was not a Romney fan. i thought he was the least acceptable and least electable of the Republican candidates. Having said that, I liked what I saw in the debate. Romney looked like a man who was in his element when talking about the economy. He acted like he felt that he had the answers. His entire demeanor hit me as, "The economy? Don't worry about it. I got this...". He didn't strike me as being afraid of taking on the economic problems we're having. Not one little bit.

If you think about it, it makes sense. What he did at Bain capital was, they didn't buy bad companies. They bought good companies that COULD have been successful, but were being poorly run and mismanaged into failure. isn't that what we think is happening to the country?

John

5. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

I'm not understanding where some are saying that Romney will back and/or sign so called MORALITY LAWS. I've never heard him talk about that. If you want to go back to the Repub debate where Snuffalufagus asked him about birth control about a dozen times he clearly stated that he or anyone else is even thinking about such a thing.
    Romney couldn't get rid of abortion if he wanted to. The COURTS are the only way it's going to be eliminated. There is no way there's enough members of Congress have the guts to vote on and approve of a ban on abortion.

I also think that there should be exceptions made in cases of rape and incest and some others that doctors deem necessary to save the mothers life. I think most republicans would feel the same way. Besides this campaign is focused on JOBS and fixing this broken economy. We're not going to hear much about those issues, I wish we would though. If America actually heard and understood what Soetero supports in those MORALITY LAWS, they'd be shocked. There couldn't be 10% of Americans that believe the way Soetero does on those issues.

I am much more comfortable now than before the debate. I can't wait till Ryan takes on "PLUGS" Biden. That ought to be a good one.

Nalajr

6. onebigelf

onebigelf

Possible, but I've got to say, I was not a Romney fan. i thought he was the least acceptable and least electable of the Republican candidates. Having said that, I liked what I saw in the debate. Romney looked like a man who was in his element when talking about the economy. He acted like he felt that he had the answers. His entire demeanor hit me as, "The economy? Don't worry about it. I got this...". He didn't strike me as being afraid of taking on the economic problems we're having. Not one little bit.

If you think about it, it makes sense. What he did at Bain capital was, they didn't buy bad companies. They bought good companies that COULD have been successful, but were being poorly run and mismanaged into failure. isn't that what we think is happening to the country?

John

7. frank4570

frank4570

I was also surprised. I thought Obama was going to just charm his way into an easy win.

8. mrstrau

mrstrau

Honestly, I don't want either Romney or Obama to win again. Romney is a liar and a flipflop..just look at his voting record. All he cares about is his bank account and his executive buddies. I can't trust any man who has 150 million invested in gold and a part of his portfolio invested in China.

I agree with some, some of Obama's social policy. Pretty much dislike everything else about him.

I was a HUGE Ron Paul fan, and I am disappointed to see him out of politics now. However, I believe liberty still has a chance with Gary Johnston, so I'm voting for him.

Either way tho, I don't think Romney will make it. He has a hard time connecting to the middle class, which I think in this election will be the majority of the voters. And, it's historically hard to beat the incumbent. If we voted George Bush in for two terms, people are definitely stupid enough to vote Obama in again, unfortunately.

9. Narkcop

Narkcop

:faint:

10. BSA70

BSA70

"Romney is a liar and a flipflop..just look at his voting record."

You nailed it. I really did not know anything about Romney until watching a Frontline show the other night on PBS. It was unbiased, presented the facts and went back and forth between mitt and o. I learned many things about each person.

I have much more confidence in Romney since watching the show. Far as his ability to turn the financial mess around. The man has a proven record of brilliance in the business world. Every thing the man has ever dealt with went from a mess to gold.

One glaring flaw on Mitt was his voting record. He will flip flop and change his vote-stance on anything if it will further his agenda and position. There were so many issues he has done this on, too many to list.

He's our best chance to get the economy back on track. He is a typical politician. But he is on steriods:crying:

11. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

There will be no middle class if Obama wins. Are you out in the real world making any kind of money or are you living with Mom and Dad?

Have you been paying attention to what has been happening the last 4 years and what will happen in January if Obama wins and the fiscal cliff hits?

Do you get all of your news from Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart?

This is what you do. Tell all your liberal friends to vote Green Party.

12. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Mitt Romney can't win this election. Mitt Romney can make the good argument about the economy and the debt, but unfortunately for him he's also running against a sleeping giant. Woman's rights.

If anyone doesn't think a Mitt Romney win can and will have an effect on Rowe v Wade is dangerously misinformed. Whether that effect will be positive or negative depends on your perspective.

The Right is going to perceive a Romney win as a mandate for agenda's far beyond the concepts of debt reduction and tax reform. The Dem's hold a lead in the Senate, now but heaven help my daughters and granddaughters if that should change.

If you lack the internal organs to grow, nurish then birth human life (IMHO) you really don't have a say in the matter. You literally didn't build that. GTF out of my babies womb.

Mitt Romney would be glad to sign personhood amendments and the Republimens would be happy to write them. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Lets take a look, College kids think Obama is God's answer to everything, seniors think Obama is the chosen one to fix the country and he of course will get the minority vote. No I think we are screwed big time:crying:

The thing that gets me pissed off is that this election is so focused on color and not who can run this country better:steamed:

14. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Obama is such a disaster you bring up Abortion. Women are worried about the economy not Abortion.

Romney’s church has a moderate stance on Abortion and does not ban it only suggesting one consults and prays before making the decision.

This is such a non-issue.

Romney should he win, will be spending all of his time shoveling the gigantic pile of dung with a cherry on top Obama is leaving him.

You will not hear Romney complain once about the much larger mess Obama will leave.

Romney will immediately get to work to fix our economy and budget.

15. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

While you're up there, check his prostate too.:rofl:

16. Providence

Providence

. When facts fail you, you make up your own set? Troll much?

17. Providence

Providence

This election is about who gets out the vote. In this very thread you see how the Dims want to confuse the election with libel based on fantasy. But if we actually get out and vote, we will win. The reality is the Dims are discouraged. Their guy is a loser. He has proved to be inept at every move. Big O. Has one "success." It's Obamacare! How popular is that? So we have to be motivated to vote this guy out, if for no other reason we have an intense fear of when another 4 years of O. will bring us.

18. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

So, this is what the liberals are left with. Trying to get people to quit talking about the greatest economic downturn since the Depression, and instead talk about abortion.

"Hey, you may lose your house and job under Obama, but your 14 year old daughter will still be able to get an abortion without telling you. Ain't that great?"

19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

:faint:

Not you.'08.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  20. SpoiledBySig

SpoiledBySig Millennium Member

[​IMG]