close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Sep 28, 2012.

1. devildog2067

devildog2067

I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.

2. Drilled

Drilled

Would it not be a numbers thing? There are twenty some million Evangelicals in this country.

It pulled GWB out in 2004.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

3. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

This is especially important in the swing states.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Honestly, I agree. The republicans needed a REAL CONSERVATIVE to really get the base excited about Romney.

I hope I'm wrong, and I will gladly come to GT and tell everyone I was if I am... Unless Romney just obliterates Barry in the debates (which is possible)... I think we're going to get another 4yrs of Obama. Along w/ Obamacare, and what will likely be a relentless assault on the 2nd amendment.

While that may be true, Evangelicals make up a huge portion of the republican base. They would no doubt inflame a few, but they would gain much more.

5. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

Yep, for an example/entertainment, take a look at the "fail" videos on youtube...then imagine all the stupidity that doesn't get recorded/on youtube.

6. Ragnar

Ragnar

Yes, as I recall, polls had Carter up 43 to 35 over Reagan in 1980.

Not saying that is the case this time, but that tells me that polls are not the end all be all.

7. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure. :shocked:

8. Drilled

Drilled

Our states are too stupid to see the truth (MI here) and the unions have a strangle hold on the polls. we will both pay for their ignorance.

9. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.

10. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

It will be very close but Romney will win.

The media wants you to believe Romney is an idiot and cannot win, trying to discourage you from voting.

Do not let them fool you. Obama is vulnerable. Americans remember the crooked way the Obamacare tax was passed. The economy is getting worse again fast. This is going to be a close race. Americans are not suicidal.

Another 4 years of Obama would see his popularity at 20%.

Can you imagine a prosperous and popular next 4 years with Obama? I can’t.

It will be one freedom robbing law, economic disaster and scandal after another.

And remember, a lot of dictators are first elected.

11. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I'm pretty sure Romney made me believe that.

12. Ragnar

Ragnar

No, the media's reporting made you think that. :rofl:

13. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Just remember, the other side is voting solid Obama. No third party for them.

14. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

15. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

It doesn't matter...the Dems have their act together, and the GOP is a complete mess. It's not hard to guess who will win.

16. adamg01

adamg01

It will be a little closer than last election but we will get four more years of Barry. I would rather take my chances with Romney but he is a very poor choice to run against Obama.

17. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Just like everything. I pray for Peace, but prepare for War.

I live in Michigan. Yep, we had a big union base here. But, most of the jobs are gone now. They didn't majically appear with the Big O. I just hope that people see him for what he really is.

The media is twisting every word Mitt says. I have unfriended a couple people on facebook for posting stupid crap. The kind of hateful stuff that anyone with a brain could tell wasn't true.

I stood my ground on the "Its everyone for yourself and win at any cost or We are all in this together" My response was simple. I guess I want to be a winner. Yea, then a bunch of people joined in and slammed the post supporting my stance.So, we are not alone.

The one that ticks me off now is the , post yourself with a note on why Obama should be reelected. It really ruins going to a movie when you have seen the actor supportting Obama.

So, prepare for War. I am buying what I can for the Zombies. Ammo and guns. Heck I even bought a sword.

18. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

I think it is all over,at this point the only swing state he can give up and still win is NH. He needs EVERY other swing state.

Those of you comparing this election to carter vs reagan are forgetting the most important part of that equation. People LIKED Reagan. I have yet to meet a non-mormon that actually likes Romney, not one. I live in the south I can count the number of Romney stickers I have seen on one hand, I have see 1, only 1 yard sign for romney.

19. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

I agree. Romney is not an enthralling speaker. Neither is Obama but for some reason people think so.:dunno: Obama will come off the winner in the debates because Romney will try to appeal to logic and while Obama appeals to peoples emotions. Romney is also a pansie that is afraid to go after Obama, hell, he's already pulling a Mclame and saying that Obama is a nice guy. :faint:

20. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

People liked Reagan and they disliked Carter, even the ones that voted for him in the first place. Also, people were more in tune to America and still had some idea of what she stood for. Not so now. The Democrats have created a confederacy of dunces that keep them in office and in turn, they keep the dunces dependent.