Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many of you that CC or OC have never had to draw? Also post how long you have been carrying and what kind of environment you live in.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ive been carrying since early april 2010 and i have never drawn......and i dont live in a safe neighborhood

Sam

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
Have never had to draw in self-defense. Have had to do so to prove a point and get my extra hash-browns, though. Stupid lady had it coming.

/not really

·
Registered
45 Posts
At home, once, 'bump-in-the-night", suspicious noise outside. But out and about, not ever - knock on wood, though now that I think about it there been a few times when I pocket carry, I'll put my hand down my pocket, and grasp the grip when some suspicious character walks into a restaurant or gas station I'm at for example.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Been carrying for 30 years, both as CCW and LEO. Never had to draw in either case.

·
clever quip
1,165 Posts
Once, while in my car back when I lived in Metro Atlanta... 10 or so thugs surrounded my car within the apt complex I was living in.. they were just trying to scare me I think, because as soon as I showed them the 92fs I was packing that day, they scattered.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
11,769 Posts
I have used my firearms for security checks around the house/property a few times.
Never had to pull out a firearm yet as a civillian, many times in the military.
A firearm is just a tool, the weapon is between my ears and behind my eyes. :supergrin:

·
Registered
20,885 Posts
So how many of you that CC or OC have never had to draw? Also post how long you have been carrying and what kind of environment you live in.

You are asking this question backwards. The percentage of people that carry that have drawn is most likely much less than 1%. And of those less than 1% a good certain number of them that did draw their reasoning is probably in question.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Been CCing for 17 years. Never had to “draw” on a two legged creature but had to draw twice in the past two years to dispatch loose dogs that were attacking my live stock. Both times with my G19.

·
M&P
5,929 Posts
Been carrying about 8 years, mainly around DFW, and never had to draw. Came close a couple of times, once on a dog when walking and once at Wal-Mart. Couple of times I could have drawn I didn't have I with me.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I drew my gun just the other day. See...it is a Kahr...and I am a cowboy. :supergrin:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have heard many stories of police officers that have never drawn their weapon.
Without starting some type of war here...that is ridiculous. I work in a middle class suburban area and my weapon clears the holster at least a few times a week. I have never and hopefully will never pull the trigger, but my 22 is a tool that I use quite frequently.

I can't imagine working a career as a LEO and not ever using your weapon. Unfortunately, IMHO, these are the guys that I read about on ODMP.org. :crying:

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
Drawing your gun to scare someone is not a good idea. The only way I'd ever draw would be a last resort and I'd be pulling the bang switch.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Without starting some type of war here...that is ridiculous. I work in a middle class suburban area and my weapon clears the holster at least a few times a week. I have never and hopefully will never pull the trigger, but my 22 is a tool that I use quite frequently.

I can't imagine working a career as a LEO and not ever using your weapon. Unfortunately, IMHO, these are the guys that I read about on ODMP.org. :crying:
I agree.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.