close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many of you have/carry a.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TX58, Aug 16, 2012.

1. TX58

TX58

Ok, I was reading about the new Generation four Glock 30sf and I haven't been able to get my hands on one, so I started thinking about if I really need one - so let me know and I can be very easily talked into it. I've got two Glock 30sf's and one of the two has been hybridnized (if that's not a word, I just invented it!) by taking my upper off of my Glock 36 and putting it on my Glock 30sf lower (then selling the upper off of THAT Glock 30).

It makes it oh so slim, it now fits into my Glock 19/23 holster (Glock 30/30sf slide won't), it still holds 9/10 or 13 rounds, can now be used with a tactical light on the rail, AND it is now 1/4 pound lighter. That gun is my carry gun and with over one thousand FMJ, hollowpoint, glasser rounds (very few - they cost so much) and it is my most accurate gun. I get two inch groups (on a good day) using speer 200 grain gold dots over a sand bag rest at 25 yards. Not one failure to feed, fire, or function (eject). Now THAT'S perfection!

So, what benifit with a Generation four Glock 30sf? Without the grip adapters (correct me if I'm wrong) it will be just like holding a Glock 30sf - and I don't need the larger grip adaptors, so they are not a consideration. I'll be back to a "thick" slide and less holster options - although I might be able to put the Glock 36 upper on it. So, generation four benifits over generation three 30sf (and my hybrid): 1) better grip surface, 2) larger magazine release. That's it, I don't think there is a "third" reason.

So, long thread short: how many have/carry the Glock 36/30 hybrid, have you found them to be as accurate as mine or did I luck out, and finally should I think about getting a Generation four Glock 30sf for (unless you can come up with more) the above two reasons? :dunno: I do know the 30sf (and now my 36/30) is my favorite Glock, and I don't currently have a Generation four so if I don't get the Generation four Glock 30sf, I'm going to get a Generation four Glock 32 (.357 sig) instead - but that's another story.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

I carry a 30SF and have put well over 1200 rounds thru it with no malfunctions at all, Id love to get a 36 slide and put on my frame like yours, I have no plans on getting a gen4 to replace my current 30, mine shoots as accurate as I can.... If I were you go for the G32 LOL thats what I want to get next as well LOL... next GSSF coupon will get the 357sig, I used my current one to get a G34...

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

3rd benefit--reversible magazine catch.

4. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

There is no G30SF Gen4, it is just a G30 Gen4. Without the addition of any grip panels, the grip seems a little smaller than my G30SF. I have 500 rounds on my G30 Gen4 without a problem. Never had any problems with the G30SF either.

5. TX58

TX58

Good point, I had forgotten that one.

So, no Generation four 30sf just a Generation four 30. That makes sense due to the grip panel being off makes it like a SF, and with the first one on, makes it like a "regular" 30.

Still can't decide between a Generation four 30 or the generation four 32. I think my decision maker will be finding a Gen four Glock 30 in stock (maybe at the Glockmiester) and seeing if my Glock 36 upper will fit on it. If so, I'll buy it - if not, the Generation four 32 gets the nod. Problem solved. Untill I get the Generation four Glock 30, then I just know I'll need the Generation four Glock 32. :whistling: