close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many of you have a DEDICATED vehicle weapon?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TedG, Dec 31, 2011.

1. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

I'm fortunate to have a vehicle that has some "hidden" compartments. While I keep a get-home bag at all times, I sometimes don't carry a weapon. To fix that problem while I'm away from home, I dedicated a pistol to be in my vehicle at all times. To get it, someone would have to break in to the vehicle, take it away, and strip the vehicle for parts. A common joy-rider or smash-n-grab would never find the pistol.

As you can see in the pictures below, I pack everything in a tupperware type container that is sealed from moisture. In the container, is the pistol, a loaded magazine, 2 spare magazines, a double mag pouch, and a spare recoil spring. An Uncle Mike's style is kept in the same location. I also carry 50 rounds of NATO hard ball. Why not "defensive" HPs? I am a firm believer in penetration and I like the idea of through and through holes, 100% reliability. (I'm not here to debate that opinion.)

So, if I find myself in a situation where protection is necessary (broken down, unable to continue driving), I can obtain my weapon, and bag, and hit the road. I know that it's worthless if I am confronted while I'm actually driving, but I do generally carry a 642, but even with that, I would prefer the G34 in a hike-it-out scenario. With my pack, I'm good for at least 3 days. This dedicated pistol does NOT replace a CCW.

Does anyone else have a similar plan?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. SCC

SCC Member Me

hell no .. the gun stays on my side ... you need to get a car safe for it

3. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Absolutely, we have several. My Jeep has an Enfield no. 4 mk 2 303 and a Ruger MKII. Her's has a Ruger Single six and I'm always carrying my G-19, when we travel the AK folder goes along as does a Smith 629 for anti vehicle use.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. soufmouf21

soufmouf21

While I don't have a dedicated vehicle weapon, 95% of the time I have a weapon in the vehicle as i carry frequently.

5. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

I do. I don't really understand why people are worried about leaving guns in cars. As long as you don't live in a state that holds you responsible for what some scumbag does with your gun, there's nothing to lose but the cost of the gun. With that in mind, I wouldn't make a $3,000 1911a truck gun, but I can afford to risk a $400 (used) SP101. Hell, I'm risking a $400 stereo already, not to mention the cost of the vehicle itself.

6. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

Wow! :bowdown:

7. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

+1 on the car safe. I have a small, single gunsafe that's cabled to my front seat mount.

8. SCC

SCC Member Me

you want to get shot by your own gun :shocked:

lock the gun up !!!! :whistling:

9. argy1182

argy1182

I have an under the seat holster for my truck where I keep a full sized Glock. I carry a pocket gun (LCP) on me.

If my truck gets stolen, oh well, that's what insurance is for and I'll just let them know the gun went with it.

10. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Yes, I keep a permanent gun in each of my car. I keep a G19 strapped to my body with two mags and I keep a G17 and G22 in each of my vehicles. I am the only one that drive my vehicles and no kids allowed - lol. I have a lockbox and I lock it when i exit and I open it when i enter. The G19 is more comfortable to carry and I prefer to have the larger guns in the vehicle. I have three safes around the house and have larger guns inside each as well. Its easier to grab the guns too when in the vehicle than to draw from my body..........I can upholster each time i enter the vehicle and holster before I exit, but its too much of a chore and this is why i just leave one in each vehicle.

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Nope, but even living across the Potomac from D.C. and about a mile from the Pentagon, I don't freak out about SHTF stuff. I have yet to imagine a SHTF situation here where either my G17C or AR is going to save my bacon.

12. HexHead

HexHead

Using a 34 as a dedicated car gun seems like a waste of a good pistol.

13. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

I don't want to get shot at all.:supergrin:

I'm not of the opinion that criminals need me to supply them with weapons. I also have trouble imagining a scenario where that could happen. Either I'm in the car - where the gun is mine to use, or I'm nowhere near the car and therefore not a target.

14. SCC

SCC Member Me

they break in to your car take your gun and wait till you come back to the car

15. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Uh, seriously, leaving an unsecured gun in a vehicle is a BAD BAD BAD idea. Get a gun safe, or keep the darn thing with you. You are more likely to need a gun on the way to or from your car instead of in it.

16. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

Money must grow on your trees, must be nice to not worry about what you consider to be a minor $400 gun... Wow in today's economy it's just earth shattering that people are concerned about the cost of their handguns and careful with their money...

What a joke, your statement is one of the most ignorant things I have read on this site...

Listen folks it's ok to keep a weapon in your vehicle as I do it every day with my G26 unless I'm carrying it, but keep it secured, use your heads and protect your investment so it can someday protect you... I'm fairly certain others would agree with me on all points

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. 3000fps

3000fps

Thats all the anti's need is to come and copy the stupid comments you guys posted above....

"Oh I really don't care if someone steals my pistol that is what insurance is for"

I'm starting to think some of those liberals actually have a valid point. It's like some of you don't care if you sell them to a felon or if they end up in criminal hands.

Why in the HELL would you want some criminal, or punk 16 year old kid running around with a weapon that is in great shape and that carries premium defensive ammo? Seriously?

Make an in-car holster and lock the gun up when you're not in the vehicle. This will be all fine and dandy until some punk kid walks by with a ninja rock and now has himself a handful of weapons.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

It is commendable to be prepared for an emergency. A significant number of the stolen guns seem to come from vehicle burglaries and my guess is that the chances of having the gun stolen from the vehicle is higher than using it.

19. hawgrider

hawgrider

I for one hate to leave a weapon in my vehicle unless locked in something. There are times when I have to because of places that we can't carry. No matter what the weapon is tied to me until sold or transferred. Just don't want the hassle of a stoeln weapon period. Besides IMO its being an irresponsible gun owner.

20. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Absofriggin'lutely!!!

Most of the time a gun-owner's worst enemies are other gun-owners.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011