1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Use Linux!
15,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine did. It was more profanity laced when she said it. Sometimes followed by a smack upside the head. I usually deserved it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My dad did but he was actually serious.

He kidnapped me when I was 3 after a fight with mom and called her to tell her he was going to kill me and then kill himself. I was put in hiding when he brought me back. I can remember this: he hid us out at a campground, and my family sent me to a cousins country home/store.

When I was older he told me he would always kick my butt, even if he was in a wheelchair and had to use a baseball bat to do it.

Nice guy, my dad. When a friend called me to tell me "someone just shot your dad" my response was "it wasn't me" in case he was wondering.

·
Inquisitive
13,123 Posts
I remember the time my Dad came into my room and told me, after coming home from work and my Mom telling him something nefarious I had done...."Your Mother sent me up here to kill you".

The look on my face must have told him quite a bit.....he then grabbed me up and we rolled around tickling each other, until he finally told me he was kidding.

I always kept on eye on Mom after that.....and him too. Guess it worked.

Ya just never know.:whistling:

·
Banned
6,095 Posts
My father did, but not for trivial BS. I once bowed up at him and told him that some day I would be able to kick his ass. He said "Yes you will be able to. You probably could right now. But the day you do, is the day I will have to kill you. Anyone who would harm a family member is no use to society. I brought you into this world, and I will take you out". I don't doubt that he meant it. The subject never came up again.

Marvin Gaye's father had to do it.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Gotta be careful if your mom's a lunatic. Those kids should have been carrying.
Both funny and heartbreaking at the same time.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,521 Posts
"I brought you into this world and I can take you out!"?
Yup. And Dad wasn't jokin', either.

He used to tell us, "Your twin didn't listen when I talked to him. He's buried behind the fence. Wanna join him?"

:rofl: :supergrin:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
No, but one time my Mom and I got into a heated 'discussion' when I was going through my terrible 15's.

We were arguing about parent's love for their kids (because I wanted something, can't remember). She pointed out, "I don't HAVE to love you, but I do."

True, if a bit harsh.

·
Not panicking
1,412 Posts
My mom is a cajun woman. She never had to tell me that; it was just always understood... lol

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I actually never got told that. bill cosby did, though! man, I love his comedy about that.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I always found that statement, " I brought you into this world, I can take you out." not very funny.

I have never said this to my son. In fact I consider it a threat. Not that I am a permissive parent. I don't put up with any BS. He knows the cause and effects of his good AND bad behavior.

I don't remember my parents saying this to me but then again I think I am not able to remember parts of my childhood...:whistling::rofl:

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
My dad did but he was actually serious.

He kidnapped me when I was 3 after a fight with mom and called her to tell her he was going to kill me and then kill himself. I was put in hiding when he brought me back. I can remember this: he hid us out at a campground, and my family sent me to a cousins country home/store.

When I was older he told me he would always kick my butt, even if he was in a wheelchair and had to use a baseball bat to do it.

Nice guy, my dad. When a friend called me to tell me "someone just shot your dad" my response was "it wasn't me" in case he was wondering.
:shocked::wow:

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I saw that article, I think she lost it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I actually never got told that. bill cosby did, though! man, I love his comedy about that.
I think the context in which it is said or implied has a lot to do with the statement. Humor within a family is a good thing. I have heard some parents say it but the sense of humor that it was there.

I would have taken it seriously myself in my family. No humorists in my home. On a positive note, my dogs were funny!

It is unfortunate that some children go through the threat and witness such things.

I have come to the conclusion that Karma isn't as expedient as we wish it would be. More often than not Karma means waiting for those who do us wrong or commit evil acts to grow old, start peeing and pooping in their adult diapers, get hooked up to morphine to keep their pain to a minimum until they slip quietly into their final sleep...that is what makes Karma a Beotch!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts