Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
29,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or retired carry. Do you feel at a disadvantage?

I carry a G19 I love. However, I might consider a G43. Odds are I'll never have to draw since I don't meet as many bad guys as real cops do....

· Premium Member
CLM #38
11,042 Posts
I'm carrying the 43 more than I want to. My EDC for 14 years of retirement has been some flavor of 1911.

But the 43 is so light that it has resolved some hip pain issues I have been experiencing on long walks.

Disadvantage? No, not when you consider my summer piece is a Wilson compact model giving me 7+1. The 43 is 6+1. No matter what I carry I always have a reload on the belt.

If only Glock could replicate the 43 in 45 ACP I would be in heaven.

Reactions: fastbolt

· Registered
1,464 Posts
My G43 has become my go to off duty carry gun. It's much easier and comfortable to carry and conceal than my G27. It's amazing how much difference the single stack makes.

I also like that I can easily carry a spare mag in my watch pocket. Yet again, a nod to the single stack.

The only time I don't carry my 43 is when I'm carrying my backpack (5.11 MOAB ) and then I can easily carry my full size G22.

LOVE my 43. You know as well as we all do, if it's not comfortable and fairly easy to carry in plain clothes, eventually you'll stop carrying it. Do yourself a favor and buy something that gives you NO reason to not carry it ALL THE TIME.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm carrying the 43 more than I want to. My EDC for 14 years of retirement has been some flavor of 1911.

But the 43 is so light that it has resolved some hip pain issues I have been experiencing on long walks.

Disadvantage? No, not when you consider my summer piece is a Wilson compact model giving me 7+1. The 43 is 6+1. No matter what I carry I always have a reload on the belt.

If only Glock could replicate the 43 in 45 ACP I would be in heaven.

G36

· Banned
25,596 Posts
Buddy has the G43 and likes it. I bought into the Kahrs before the G43 came out. My carry pieces seem to be either a M&P9C or a Kahr P9 Covert.

· Registered
88 Posts
I was carrying a G34 with a light attached on duty and off. Now I have been carrying a G35 w/light under 218. When the weather is cooler here in NEO it hides well. During warm weather you can see the hand grip sticking out. I usually throw a "polo" shirt over it. The holster I am still using is the blade-Tech holster which I have had for over 15 years now. No problems with the B/T and it has stood the time. Realistically, for next years qualification, I am probably going to get a G19. I will still use a light on it tool and go for an inside the waist ban set up.

· Registered
29,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks like the G43 is universally liked. I'm going to have to save up for one and a holster.

Thanks, everyone!

· Most mackinest
12,582 Posts
I sock drawered my 26 and sold my 42 for a new 43. Pretty cool pistola. Goes everywhere in a DeSantis Nemesis that I've used for three different guns. I carry it on duty as a backup gun, too.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Great little 9mm. I've been carrying it for about 3 weeks now, since I picked it up, loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P rounds. I don't feel under-gunned at all with it.

· Florist
23,344 Posts
Must. Fight. The. Temptation.
Must. Fight. The. Temptation.
Must. Fight...
Must. Fight...

· Helo bubba
120 Posts
It's early yet, but it's winning me over. My G27 hasn't seen the light of day since the G43 got here.

· Registered
2,841 Posts
I came close to buying a G43 the other day, but no matter what gun I get over the years I end up packing my old beat up G23 with a 9 mil conver.in it, I want those rounds....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts