close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many here have had airlines misplace your luggage?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ICARRY2, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Arrived in Athens, Greece yesterday, but my bag went to Rome. It did show up today at my hotel, but man was it a pain in the arse only having a change of socks and underwear.

I usually only take a carry-on piece, but I am going to be gone for three weeks and just needed more crap than usuall.

I think if I need to check a bag again I will have a little more in my backpack next time.

2. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

Four or five years ago I went to Pensacola to visit my brother. My suitcase vanished into a void somewhere. So I had to buy a change of clothes and new toiletries. All week pestering the airline about my suitcase yielded nothing. They said they had no idea what happened to it. They called me up the day I was leaving to tell me they found it, just about 4 hours before I was scheduled to be on a plane home.

3. jph02

jph02

I'm fortunate the airlines have only lost my luggage once and that was on the way home, so no big deal. It was delivered the next day.

One has not truly flown, however, until the airlines misdirect their luggage at least once.

4. Rick C

Rick C affiant

Not me.

Rome, Italy and Athens, Greece...

Did you fly out of Atlanta?:supergrin:

5. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

For all the times I've flown I've only had my luggage misrouted once.

It was when I did not have a firearm with me. :)

6. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Phoenix to Philly where we changed planes. The others in my party all had their luggage, just mine went to the wrong country. We all checked in together at the Phoenix counter. Still trying to figure it out.

7. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Seems American always likes to send my bags the scenic route. From now on ...if I have to fly America, carry-on only.

8. Rick C

Rick C affiant

Just messin' with you. Athens and Rome, GA.
    Glad you only waited a day for your stuff.

9. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Once. They found it and delivered it via taxi about 6 hours later.

10. RDW

RDW BTDT

I arrived on a friday for several Formal events in Monte
    Carlo - Our bags arrived the following Wednsday.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  11. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Back in my younger days. I was travelling to South Africa. The route was supposed to be:

SLC ---> Phoenix (1hour layover) ---> NYC (4 hour layover) ---> Joburg.

The plane in Phoenix ended up having to have an engine changed out so I missed my flight out of NYC. They had to juggle me around a bit... it ended up being:

SLC ---> 10 hour layover in Phoenix (instead of 1) ---> 24 hours in NYC ---> 10 hours in Belgium ---> Joburg.

I did get my bags in New York, and the way the trip was going, decided to repack a little so I had more 'essentials' in my carryon, a few changes of clothes an so on. That's the last I saw of those poor bags for awhile. They did finally show up in South Africa... 15 days after I did.

12. okie

okie GT Mayor

I don't check bags so they cant loose mine:supergrin:

13. GD2J

GD2J GoDirectly2Jail

Southwest misdirected my bag to Oakland once on a return flight from San Diego to Norfolk, Va. Had a checked handgun in it.

Southwest had the bag (complete with firearm) on my doorstep the following day, and gave me two free tickets for my trouble.

14. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Airline lost my moms luggage once. After that when she would pack, she would make sure to put a little of each persons clothing in each suitcase. So if one suitcase goes missing you at least have a few days worth of clothes.

15. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

They've never lost my luggage but they did destroy it once. Completely smashed it open. Of course they gave me the run around when I tried to get reimbursed. Continental @ Dublin said I had to talk to Corporate. Corporate said I had to talk to Continental @ Indy. Continental @ Indy said to talk to Continental @ Dublin. And so on and so on and so on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

No exaggeration, At least 40% of the time i fly my bags come up misplaced. it's always gotten delivered but it's inconvenient.

17. VELO

VELO

Had mine delayed a handful of times over the years. Always turns up later and gets delivered.

One of the times I traveled on a Sunday in casual clothes to be in place for a very important meeting on Monday. Bag went elsewhere. Went straight to Macy's on Monday morning and bought new everything...shirt, pants, socks, belt and shoes. Ended up being around $300 bucks. Submitted my claim to the airline and had a check within a couple of weeks.

18. The Dying Gaul

The Dying Gaul

The question should be who hasn't had luggage misplaced? Last year on a flight to Puerto Rico from Las Vegas (layover in Miami), the airline my wife and I were flying sent everyone's (the people flying through to Puerto Rico) luggage somewhere else.

The frustrating part was that the airline representatives I was calling seemed to care less. They were all so nonchalant about the whole matter. They couldn't seem to grasp the fact that I was pissed because I was now in PR with nothing to wear but the clothes on my back and they kept giving me the run around. To their credit, they did get my luggage delivered to my hotel around 3am that night, but what a bunch of a******s.

On a positive note, I did get a $500 voucher after complaining once I got back home, only downside is I have to fly with that airline again.

19. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

I used to fly a lot for work, but it was 90% domestic, so on the rare occasions that it did get misplaced, it was often just 12 hours before I got it back.

That said, twice I landed in Columbus, Ohio, and saw that my luggage hadn't arrived with me... when I went to the claims department, my bag was already there. Somehow, it beat me home. Twice.

20. A'boy

A'boy fulla hateraid

Lost it no.

Now having it ransacked and a few things stolen from during international/continental travel - twice.