close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many have seen this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by G29Reload, Apr 21, 2013.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

I know there are more than a few subversive trolls here. I wish mgmt would clamp down on them as they are directly targeting sites like this, glocks, firearms owners in general and frankly, this site owner's livelihood. Does not surprise me a bit. Had long suspected various sites i've visited or subscribed to, or even just news articles from popular publications where comments are allowed.

The pose is always the same. "I"m a gun owner, but I think there should be some reasonable restrictions…" They then go on to attempt to drive a wedge, split opinions and the crowd and play subversive with these false flag approaches.

Now, there appears to be some infrastructure behind it, money and direction from the antis to start putting sappers in the wire…

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/a-warning-to-all-gun-bloggers-and-forums-boston-marathon-explosions/

2. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

That strategy is employed by our government according to an article on strategic control and propoganda written by former something czar Cass Sunstein.

I think they are probably on every social media site in existence.

3. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

If they banned everyone here that I don't agree with, it would be a pretty lonely site.

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

It was posted here about 3 weeks back.

5. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

I've seen plenty of articles like that in the media. They usually start with something like "I grew up around guns in a small farm town". Probably created by the same script writer who makes prostate medicine commercials.

6. cesaros

cesaros

The internet is serious business.

7. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

There are people in the middle actually, i know people who agrees you can own any type of gun you want with as big of a mag as you want, but thinks there should be universal background checks.

I know people who believe in concealed carry and one who actually doesbut dont think it should be allowed on campuses.

Maybe these people arent trolls but just have mixed opinions?

8. Glocksanity

Glocksanity

They probably have Langley isp's.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  9. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

I agree with G29Reload. I think paid subversives have been working on this site for many years, posing under numerous screen names.

10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

PAID??? Dang I have been called a "subversive" but nobody ever paid me for it...

11. Ragnar

Ragnar

OK, so if you think you know who they are, pony up some names. Go public, its the only way to stop it.

12. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Doubt if anyone is paying them, but I am sure that there are people posting anti 2A, anti NRA propaganda under false pretenses. Every time there is a big push for gun control people come out of the woodwork and whine about NRA spam or phone calls or try to play down the left's activities in order to try and persuade people to not join and not write congress.

13. deputy tom

deputy tom

I don't doubt it one bit. tom.

14. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

flipper ?? lol

15. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

The kind of thing you cite is actually good for business. Jerry Springer didn't get popular by discussing the finer points of paper making.

Discussion forums are a dime-a-dozen these days. Websites actually hire people and pay them a few cents per post to "troll." Probably exists where you're a member.

16. nmk

nmk

Silencing the opposition? Sounds like something we complain about all the time with the MSM bias.

17. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I don't doubt one word of the attached article.

So, from now on, instead of labeling a poster as a "troll", we can call them a “Bloomberg shill”....I love it! :thumbsup:

18. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

I dont doubt for one second that people come to places like this with an anti-gun agenda and will use subterfuge. Just like pro-gun people troll their sites. I have no idea how organized it is but it wouldnt surprise me if it was very organized in some cases.

Having said that, people need to realize that there are plenty of people in the middle that are very genuine and real. The idea of "reasonable" restrictions is going to appeal to a lot of folks. If you label and lump those people into something they are not (agent provocateur/idiots) you are likely to push them away. These people are not anti. Dont treat them as such.

When we try to see everything as a conspiracy or for anything that it isnt, we fail to understand something for what it really is and that makes the fight less effective.

19. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Have you ever been a member of a group or club that you kind of liked? You didnt have a great passion for it but you enjoyed some aspects of it. How hard would it be to not want to have anything to do with such activities if a number of others involved were hostile to you?

I like to bowl. I do it a handful of times a year. I dont know much about bowling and I am not very good at it but I enjoy it. If everytime I went to a bowling alley people were hostile to me I could walk away pretty easy and be a negative voice against bowling.

There are a lot of gun owners like that. Be very careful how you act towards them. They are not anti and they are not the enemy...if anything they are the easiest to move more in *our* direction.

20. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Some of us like to troll the living **** out of the anti's.