close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many have Parrots?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by CCW007, Sep 30, 2006.

1. CCW007

CCW007

I just got an African Grey Baby are there any other Parrot lovers out there?

2. Frostback

Frostback

My "baby" boy turns 12 next month. Here's a picture of him camping in Banff National Park last summer.

[​IMG]

Frosty

3. amd4me

amd4me Coffee Snob

I have always wanted one but I have never had the time to care for one.

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

My wife has two. Yellow Nape that she had for 23 years and another small parrot she's had for over a year.

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I do know Greys have the intelligence and can accomplish the vocabulary and IQ of a 5 year old child.......

Don't teach your new bird to whistle first......trainers say to teach words first.........

Post some pics of this new baby CCW007!!

Frostback!! Let's hear some more about yours......what's his vocab?? How many words??

In the past I had a quaker parrot (she loved to talk) and then a few cockatiels.......had a couple parakeets too. I love birds, and even helped hand feed some baby quakers!! Can't have birds now as my 2 feline boys would be on them past haste.........:sad:

I love hearing about other people's birds and the funny things they do!!

6. CCW007

CCW007

Here is a picture. He is 5 months old. He has tried hard to say hello, but has not quite got it yet. He has not tried to whistle at all. He loves head scratches. I can ask him if he wants a head scratch and he will put his head down to the perch if he does:) When I sit in the recliner with him all we wants to do is snuggle and get head scratches.

7. Frostback

Frostback

Peach,
    I have never sat down to count how many words he knows. Some things he has learned have fallen out of favour and he hasn't said them in years (Hi ho, Kermit the frog here). Others I am sick of hearing (What's your name? Go for a car ride?). The best is when he says "Grey Chicken!" and starts to cluck.

We used to have a couple of dogs, and he knew them by name. Used to confuse the cocker when he called him!

I guess he knows or knew a total of about 60-70 words. He likes to whistle too. Makes up his own songs. Won't make top 40 for sure!

Frosty