Glock Talk banner

How Many Carry a J-Frame Instead of One of the Hi-Cap Sub-Compacts?

8K views 206 replies 93 participants last post by  40 mike-mike 
#1 ·
Hey all.

I’m curious about how many of us have put down the Hi-cap sub-compacts and replaced them with a snubbie from whatever maker.

Are you one of them? Are you considering it? What would keep you from switching?

Any thoughts?

thank you.

#12 ·
My two EDC are a gen3 g27 and a 642.
Exactly the same. Even the same generation G27. Depends on which type of pants I'm wearing. 😎

#5 ·
I’m curious about how many of us have put down the Hi-cap sub-compacts and replaced them with a snubbie from whatever maker.
I carry a high capacity, polymer framed, lite weight pistol. I can find no negativizes to my choice nor to I have any intention of choosing otherwise. You read a lot on here were someone says "I carry a 5rd revolver. I practice and believe in shot placement over capacity.'
OK,, fair enough. I believe in excellent shot placement too. THE difference ,,,I can achieve the same desired shot placement with round 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 ,,rapidly... and continue desired shot placement with round 6, 7, 8, 9,,,,and on and on,,, while the revolver just went down and needs attention .,, attention that's needed elsewhere.
Agreed this situation will probably never arise. But I'd hate to be on the receiving end and find myself thinking 'This was not suppose to happen'
I'm sure we,, you and me ,,,will live our lives out and never come close this situation. We will be OK carrying anything we chose. But since various scenarios were being posted ,,I thought I'd toss one in.
Please realize that this is just my personal opinion. I have no hatred for revolvers ,,we own several.

#14 ·
One advantage people don't mention is that if you fall down backwards and your leg is folded up just right in the direction of the bad guy, you can shoot your pocket revolver at him. All that's needed is that you avoid shooting into your leg.

#21 ·
Yeah! Let’s do that! Totally makes sense to see the front sight! Oh, wait…

The technique described is so stupid. I love it when people say this in all seriousness yet go on to demand sighted shooting is far better than point shooting. Do not shoot through a pocket! You are responsible for every round fired.

• Haha
Reactions: jr24 and hogfish
#20 ·
I bought my S&W 360 for one reason only. To ride in a belly band when I do my runs or sprints where the G26 and 365xl flop around too much, and I’m willing to live with only 5 rounds to not feel like the gun is there. It does not get carried in any other scenario. If I’m not exercising I’m going to have one of my subcompacts on me.

#28 ·
No. I have some Js, but they’re steel frame and I don’t get any appreciable weight savings over a G43. Besides, I still haven’t been able to find any affordable.38 Special wad cutter or hollow points and the ammo I do have is probably over 30 years old. I do have a bit of intrigue with the S&W 43c, 351c or a 340. I wish S&W would revisit 9mm Js with an ejection system like the Ks they built years ago. To be able to use moon clips, or single rounds would be versatile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.