close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How low will Glock's adjustable sight go?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flycaster, Jan 12, 2005.

1. flycaster

flycaster

My G19 is terrific. My only complaint is that it shoots several inches high at 50', and I have to shoot in competition out to 75'. And yes, it's the pistol, not me. I've tried to get lower fixed sights from Glock's web site, but the sights don't show. As the factory rear sight height seems to be 6.5mm, according to posts here, does the adjustable unit go lower than this? Thanks in advance.

Chuck

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Pretty low. Each click is supposed to move the strike approx 2.5 to 3" at 25 yds. Likewise, there is also a fixed 6.1mm sight if you'd like to try that - both available from Lonewolf here.

If you're absolutely convinced that your sight picture is what you want, give the 6.1mm a try - the shipping's worth more than the sight. I'd suggest sighting for 25 yds, the farthest distance you mentioned. The diff at 50' in a 9mm is tenths of an inch, not worth worrying about. BTW, the Glock adjustable doesn't bottom out, but will start rising again if you keep turning, being a cam-like affair.

Install? If you don't have a wooden dowel, a nice chopstick works superbly. :)

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

What kind of sight picture do you employ?

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Now we're gonna get to the heart of the matter... ;f

5. flycaster

flycaster

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

If you're shooting high, with a genuine 6 o'clock picture, particularly considering that you're not a Glock newbie, then you probably do need to make some sight adjustments.

I'd suggest that you talk with Rick Callahan @ Ameriglo. In addition to several designs in rear sights, he offers a bunch of front sights with different heights. I'm pretty sure that he'll sell you a front-sight only, without your having to buy a complete set, if you don't need a complete set.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Solid advice; FWIW I queried Rick per your suggestion on another matter. Prompt response, very clear and, of course, I've also used just their front sights as well for various things. They offer several styles, with/without dot, with/without tritium, varying heights. (JR at Lonewolf will also get these for you from Ameriglo if you're doing an order there.) Another reason I'm an Ameriglo fan.

(Crazy story but neat solution for what they had to do to accomodate the front sight screw on the G36, one of your favorite guns I know.) ;)

8. flycaster

flycaster

Hey- Wig19- your coordinates would put you near Tomah, Wisconsin. A Cub fan up there? Can't be! By the way- I have it on good authority that the Cubs will win the Series the day after Ill-annoys gets concealed carry.

Chuck