close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How long...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by B Coyote, Jul 15, 2002.

1. B Coyote

B Coyote

...does it usually take to get the letter from Glock saying you've won a pistol?

Just curious, as several of the local postal workers aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the string.

Thanks,

bc

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

bc;
    Indiana doesn't have a monopoly on those kind of postal workers. We have a swamp full of them here in Florida that are several french fries short of a bag full.;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

By the way: Congrats on the new Glock.

3. B Coyote

B Coyote

Don, Thanks for the congrats. I'd like to think it was skill...but really it was just dumb luck. :)

The Indy GSSF shoot was June 29 & 30, and it's half way into July....Just with my recond of luck, I'd get all excited about winning something only to find out it was a mistake. I know it did say at www.gssfonline.com that the results for Indy were preliminary.

How long does it take for preliminary results to become final results? Do they notify by registered mail, or something in a plain old envelope? Any information to ease my paranoid mind would be super.

bc

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

bc;
    I noticed from GSSF Online that the Salt Lake results were just finalized on 10 July. Your match was the same weekend so I would suspect that your results would be finalizes this week or next then allow a couple more weeks to receive the certificate in the mail. So I would estimate that if you have a certificate coming when the results are determined as final that you would probably not see the actual certificate before the first week of August.

They have sent them in the past as regular mail inclosed with the final scores for the match. I understand your excitement but GSSF reacts Much faster than a year or 2 ago when it took 6 to 8 weeks to just see some scores and they were not on the web so you had to wait seemed like forever.

Hope this helps.;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

5. B Coyote

B Coyote

Don, thanks.

My wife thinks I'm crazy. I check the gssf site like 50 times per day, to see if they changed anything...lol@me for my paranoia.

I actually kinda wish I hadn't checked the 'net for the results...I'm not happy unless I'm worrying about something...

:)

bc

6. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

yeah - things are alot better than when i was first starting out in gssf

used to be that you would shoot your match - say conyers 98

you would get your results over eleven and a half months later (just a week or two) before conyers 99

but let me tell you.... even at its worst, it was a lot faster than waiting for some form to clear the ATF, or waiting for your DCM M1 Garand

remind me sometime to tell you little ones about how I used to walk 10 miles thru the snowdrifts to get to school every morning....

those were the days

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Uphill both ways?;Q ;f