GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doctors office visit today, got there, did all the paperwork, and then sat down and waited...and waited...and waited.

40 minutes later, still waiting in the lobby. Wasn't even called back to a patient room yet. Got up, took my paperwork and walked out.

Now if I was 40 minutes late to one of MY calls, the customer would be calling me on the phone and raising all sorts of hell, in fact, they usually call if I'm FIVE minutes late. Why do doctors think they can get away with it?

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an appointment at 0900, guess it still didn't help.

·
Registered
304 Posts
One of my pet peeves. I have switched Dr's iver this issue. I always tell them loudly about it on the way out too. I like to tell them, i am going to bill thrm for my time. Lol.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Doctors office visit today, got there, did all the paperwork, and then sat down and waited...and waited...and waited.

40 minutes later, still waiting in the lobby. Wasn't even called back to a patient room yet. Got up, took my paperwork and walked out.

Now if I was 40 minutes late to one of MY calls, the customer would be calling me on the phone and raising all sorts of hell, in fact, they usually call if I'm FIVE minutes late. Why do doctors think they can get away with it?
So now what? Did you really not need to go to the doctor? Will you go back? Do you expect to not have to wait if you do?

Once I've arrived, I'm going to wait. And when I get in to see the doctor, I will expect him/her to spend as much time with me as is required, just like he/she did with the previous patients. Going to the doctor is like shopping at Walmart. If you're in a hurry, you probably shouldn't go.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So now what? Did you really not need to go to the doctor? Will you go back? Do you expect to not have to wait if you do?

Once I've arrived, I'm going to wait. And when I get in to see the doctor, I will expect him/her to spend as much time with me as is required, just like he/she did with the previous patients. Going to the doctor is like shopping at Walmart. If you're in a hurry, you probably shouldn't go.
Well golly gee, lemme think about that....I guess I'll just have to get another doctor, one who actually respects his patients and honors his appointment times...

So you'll wait one hour? Two? Three? What's your cutoff? All day?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I made it an hour waiting at the docs office one time a few years ago.
"You can't just LEAVE!"
"Bye"

It was an ongoing problem with the office help. My doc is a good guy and got the situation under control. Since then I doubt if I've waited 5 minutes.

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
20 years ago I waited about 40 minutes during a "well baby" check-up and decided to walk up to the counter to see how much longer I'd have to keep my healthy baby in the waiting room of coughing people. The receptionist(the Dr's mother) saw me coming and turned/walked away. I gathered up my kid and never went back. The Dr. called me and I gave him the story and said I wouldn't be willing to return.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Time to find a different doctor.
^
^
this. or should I say, find a new clinic. this sounds like a problem with the clinic scheduling geniuses.

and send a message to the clinic telling them WHY you have decided on another clinic for healthcare.

This is the beauty of private healthcare. You have a choice of where you spend your healthcare $$. Imagine if healthcare were a state run monopoly like edjumacation???

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If great clips can make an app that adjusts the time you need to come in if they are running behind, dr should be able to as well.....

I actually do healthcare IT, and I'm surprised this isn't more of a thing

1 - 20 of 141 Posts