How long on shipping before you give up and either demand a refund or charge back?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Resqu2, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Resqu2

Resqu2

Ordered a sling from Midway USA on the 23rd and it shipped the same day using the stupid Ups-Uspa bull. It made it to Roanoke, Va on the 26th where it was supossed to transfer over to usps but it's not moved since that day. Called Midway yesterday and they said just wait. I'm a patient person but they got my money and I have no hope of getting what I payed for. After this delay I read a bunch of reviews that all had the same complaint. Should of read first but this bunch has been around for ever so I figured it was ok. So should I wait, fuss or just do a charge back on my cc if they will let me?

2. tattooo

tattooo

I wait 2 weeks then flip a lid .....

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

How long was the quoted shipping time?

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

HAve you called UPS to get it moving again?

I only remember cancelling on thing and it was mostly because they billed me before it shipped. I found it somewhere else and told them to pack it.

5. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I would ask to speak to a Midway CS supervisor. A friend of mine was a zone manager at a big box store. He said when a customer came in to complain about something, the more they went up the store's chain of command, the more they got.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  6. Resqu2

Resqu2

Arriving on the 29th but it's not moved since the transfer on the 26th. Ups claims to of transferred it and usps claims to be waiting on it. The bank just told me since I authorized it that a charge back may not work at all.

7. Resqu2

Resqu2

May can try that but their site shows transferred to usps

8. Adjuster

Adjuster

I would give it till after mail delivery on Monday. If no show then raise hell. I order a lot from China so I'm pretty tolerant of long shipping times.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  9. 2bgop

2bgop

I would wait a few more days. Midway is a very good company, they are not just going to keep you money and not send you a product. It might be a pain in the rear, but there is no way you are going to screwed totally in the deal.

10. Cinic

Cinic Spongy Member

I've found the USPS tracking to be spotty at best.

cowboywannabe, stricky and janice6 like this.
  11. droidfire

droidfire

depends on the expected delivery date, how far past it the item has delayed.

add to that how much i need the item.

subtract based on availability elsewhere.

unless it is amazon. if amazon misses by one minute the delivery deadline i am on the phone with customer service.

12. Resqu2

Resqu2

It's only a few days late but it's the fact it has sit in one place for 5 days with both sides saying they don't have it, Midway said I had to wait till the 6th before they would consider it lost. I will wait till then before trying anything else.

13. stricky

stricky Unknown to Me

I have had USPS say they don't have it and it shows up that day. They scan delivery and it updates tracking. I agree on the giving them till Monday. If you do not get it Midway will send you another.

14. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Call consumer affairs at USPS. When I had the call them, the results were immediate.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

this is why gander mountain and academy sports stays in business. people will pay a dollar more to have it in their hands right now than pay that same dollar in shipping fees and have to wait for who knows how long for inept postal services...

Lord likes this.
  16. FLIPPER 348

How long was the quoted shipping time? Did you pay extra for faster shipping??

17. Resqu2

Resqu2

It was supossed to get to me by the 29th and I did pay for shipping but not extra as I was ok with the 29th. The main issue for me is ups shows giving it to usps on the 26th and usps denies getting it, ever. I went by the post office with a tracking number and was met by the nicest person ever, greeted me with a " What do you want" if they went belly up tomorrow I'd never miss them.

They have also just lost a $575 package, 2 day Priority mail and it's no where to be seen. 2 days late and nothing on tracking. Did pay $30 extra for the express shipping. So I have $120 in missing stuff and no one cares, not usps, not ups, not my bank, not Midway USA or Bass Pro Shop.

18. FLIPPER 348

USPS Priority Mail can take up to 10 Buisness days as per written policy

There is no tracking with Prioroty Mail. If you want shipping with actual tracking you have to pony up. Stop whining like a child.