How long is it taking gun orders from Distributers to get to dealer?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by WEATHERBY460, Jul 7, 2020.

1. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460

Guns that are in stock at a distributer, how long are you seeing before they show up at your dealer? I'm at 3 weeks on a hunting rifle.

catman71 likes this.
  2. Dave514

Dave514

It depends on the distributer. RSR was taking 4 weeks but has gotten better. Lipsey's was taking about two weeks but they were also down for 2 or 3 weeks because of some covid in the warehouse. I think Bangers is taking about 3 days. Bill Hicks and Davidson's(NC and AZ) seem to be at about a week. It's a hot mess right now.

3. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

in middle of supposed 15 day turnaround for a 15-22 through a brick & mortar chain. we'll see...

4. Bradd D

Bradd D

Not a distributor, but I ordered a Glock 43X from Grabagun on 6/18 and it was at my dealer on 6/25.

5. Themarinedoc

Themarinedoc

Not all manufacturers depend solely on a distributor but sell directly to the dealer. I know that Wilson and ZEV sell directly to dealers and they know exactly who the big sellers are and give them a name like "Premium Dealer". Some manufacturers may make a gun and send it out when it's completed but one mfg does batches of pistols, and at the end of the month may send out all in that group of guns. More or less an assembly line type of distribution. And if you have a gun in for warranty work it may set on the shelf while gunsmiths or armorers are completing a batch of guns. This just makes economic sense. I'm sure that large manufacturers like S&W, Colt, Mossberg etc send to distribution centers and that will slow up the process getting the gun into the buyer's hands. I'm waiting on a pistol that I sent in for warranty work, and they told me that there would be a delay due to limited number of people available to fix the problem because they were putting guns together. They only have one person doing the warranty work, and with the demand so high for guns now, they are rushing just to keep up with production.

6. 0311INF

0311INF

3-4 weeks from my last experience in June.

7. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Hunting rifle are still on the shelves at many gunshops. Pistols and autoloading rifles are scarce in very short supply.

My new Windham came through Davidsons. Took about 10 days from order on Gunbroker to delivery.

cbetts1 likes this.
  8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

My buddy is a FFL and sometimes goes through Lipseys, I assume that counts. One of the last things he ordered for me from them that was in stock took almost two weeks.

9. Tinyman

Tinyman

Looking for a Springfield 1911 Ronin Operator in .45 -- I can't find any FFL in the Birmingham Alabama area that can even GUESS at when (or if). Stinkin' virus

10. Bradd D

Bradd D

pjanthony likes this.
  11. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

I ordered a G27.4 the day after Memorial Day and Glock's announcement about the Salute To Veterans discount pricing. As of yesterday I'm supposed to be at the top of the list at the LGS and I'm awaiting a phone call that it's available. We'll see ...