close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How long for results to be posted?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bigtex, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bigtex

bigtex

I'm just curious as to how long after a match until the results are posted on the GSSF website. Just curious as to how well I did last weekend at the MTX match.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'm sure the results will be up in a day or two.:)

3. bigtex

bigtex

I figured they would. I'm just impatient. Thanks.

Tex

4. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

I've been told it takes a week or more...

BIG TEX- how'd ya do, what divisions did ya shoot? I shot it on Sun. (no joke...)

5. bigtex

bigtex

I shot amateur competition and amateur civilian. I had some good runs on the plates (sub 3 seconds), but I didn't do so hot on the paper. That's why I want to see the results. How did you do?

6. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

What was the Sunday crowd like. We were there on Saturday and it seemed fairly busy. A friend got a bunch of us to go and give the GSSF thing a shot. Despite probably putting on some of the worst demostrations of shooting seen in Texas, we had a really good time and are definitely hooked.

If the times are anything like last year then I probably placed in the middle to lower half of the pack.

Malladus

7. bigtex

bigtex

Sunday wasn't as busy as Saturday was. It was fairly steady, but no where near what Saturday was. We had all of the shooters finished and the stages torn down by about 5:00.

8. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

OK, I post this with the caveat we are either computer geeks or wanna-be geeks...

I've shot plates better, but I judged that you probably can't win a match on Plates, but ya sure can loose it so I shot it safe. But with borrowed guns I almost always missed a plate with a shot and went 6 plates for 7 shots.

Overall
    SHOOTER Division M 5 Plates TOTAL
    Steve Am-Comp 27.05 30.49 18.19 75.73
    Steve Am-Civ 31.97 36.02 17.08 85.07

Glock 'M
    SHOOTER Division 1 2 3 C D M Total
    Steve Am-Comp 6.18 5.66 6.21 6 1 0 27.05
    Steve Am-Civ 7.13 6.57 6.27 3 3 0 31.97

5 to Glock
    SHOOTER Division 1 2 3 C D M Total
    Steve Am-Comp 8.15 6.96 7.38 2 2 0 30.49
    Steve Am-Civ 7.96 8.43 8.63 2 3 0 36.02

Glock the Plates
    SHOOTER Division 1 2 3 4 M Total
    Steve Am-Comp 4.5 5.37 4.24 4.08 18.19
    Steve Am-Civ 4.95 3.93 4.12 4.08 17.08

Anyone else wanna post their scores?

9. bigtex

bigtex

Those look all right. I can't find my yellow copies, and I don't think that I wrote which division each was for on the sheet. This was only the second time I have shot a GSSF match. The first was last year at Tac Pro Shooting Center. I had some good runs on the plates (am competition I had two runs less than three seconds, one at about 3.25 seconds, and then the crap run-6.05 seconds with a plate still starin' at me). I had crappy hits on paper. Just one of them things. I usually shoot IPSC with an STI. Glock is my carry gun.

What did you think about the match overall? I thought it went well, but I am biased. I was one of the ROs on the plate rack (which explains why I can remember how I did on the plates but not the paper).

Tex

10. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

I got my yellow copies at home, but I vaguely remember the general total times I shot.

Am-CiV-Stock = 240ish
    Am-Civ-subcompact = 360ish

The plates were my downfall big time, if BigTex was RO on the plates satruday early afternoon he probably remembers my shooting, and ascocaited lack of hitting them.

Despite the abismal scores I had quite a good time as did the other two new shooters I was there with. Considering the fact that none of us had shot in a competition before, much less a Glock until the evening before the match and had to borrow all but one of the guns we were shooting at the match (I bought a 17 the evening before), we were happy just to hit something.

Enjoyed ourselves so much that we are planning on trying to make the Lousiana match as well as San Antonio. Of course we also plan on practicing alot more between now and then so we can atleast place out of the bottom half hopefully.

Malladus

11. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

GSSF looks to be a big change over IPSC. I don't think you can "miss fast enough to win" at GSSF. I've really enjoyed shooting IPSC and it helped improve my speed tremendously. But I recognized that with 1 and 3 second penalties ya had to slow down to shoot faster. Shooting IPSC explains those great plate times.

I thought the match was run really well. I'm coming back if they'll have me. When we first arrived I score kept for the ROs on plates, giving Tish the pink slips. The ROs seemed friendly... were you the bearded one at the plates telling everyone to stop using the slide release lever or the other guy?

12. bigtex

bigtex

Malladus,

Tish was pretty much stuck on 5 to Glock with Hugh. The bearded one (Mike) and Andrew were on the Glock'M behind the classroom. Myself (guy with hair) and Lonnie (bald) were on the plate rack. Glad you had fun. You're welcome to come back again! We hope that everyone comes back again next year.

Tex

13. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

I enjoyed the match and the facilities very much. I liked the match so much I'm planning on going to Louisiana and San Antonio and hopefully picking up a G34 or G17L so I can shoot stock and competition next time. Liked TacPro as well. Been wanting to take some of their classes, but wanted to meet folks and see the place first. Having done so, just waiting for the 2007 schedule to see which ones I can make.

Malladus

14. bigtex

bigtex

15. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Yes, that was correct- Tish, Craig and Hugh were on 5 to Glock. that's were I helped the ROs. Lonnie(?) and Monte(?) were on plates.

16. bigtex

bigtex

Holy cow! You actually spelled my name right! I don't think that's happened before!

That is correct. Mike, Andrew and Bill B. were on the Glock'M behind the classroom.

Tex

17. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

I think Andrew was my RO on Glock 'M, seemed a bit worn out by the time we got there. I sympathize. It had to be two long days.