how long does it take GSSF to process a new membership?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Phantom465, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Phantom465

Phantom465

Hi,

I mailed my membership application to GSSF at least three weeks ago. So far my card has not been charged, and I have not received anything in the mail from GSSF. Does anyone know how long they usually take to process a new member application?

2. Dingus

Dingus

Give it another three weeks. GSSF is doing everything they can to get caught up.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

How many matches did they have since you mailed

one of them was the 700 plus in Conyers.

priority is getting the matches processed.

you mailed at one of their busy times.

4. Phantom465

Phantom465

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize this was their busy time. I'll keep waiting.

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

The past two weekends have been the first two consecutive weekends they have not had a match since about April or May.

They've been working hard to get the new membership packages out but new ones come in just about as fast as older ones go out.

And, starting this weekend they are doing 5 matches on the next 3 consecutive weekends! They are going to have little time to do anything but the matches themselves.

After that, however they only have one or two matches through the end of the calendar year. So they should be able to get caught up and keep caught up starting just before Thanksgiving.

For a while at least.

6. RNAV(GPS)RWY 06

RNAV(GPS)RWY 06

What if you want to attend a Glock Armor's course before they can process your application. How can you get signed in for the course. I'd like to attend the Chandler, AZ. class on Dec 14; mailed off my application last week.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Your GSSF application will be processed in time. Go ahead and register for the armorer's class now and write "GSSF" in the "Other" area.

8. Mitchell4198

Mitchell4198

There have been several threads on this topic, so rather than start another, I would like to relate my experience here.

I'm not here to complain or gripe, just want to toss this out for observations.

I mailed my membership renewal check to GSSF on Sept. 7. The check cleared my bank on Sept. 15.

I sent GSSF (Donna) an email on Oct. 8 to inquired as to the status of my new membership card. This is the text of my email:

Donna,
    "Can you check on my new membership card? My current one expires today, Oct. 8. I a mailed a check on Sept. 7, and it cleared my bank on Sept. 15. Thanks for your help"

The response was the following:

"Your expiration date is 10/8/2011."

I know that they are very busy, so I did not send another email or call Donna. Just thought I would let it ride for a few weeks to see if my new card would show up in the mail before giving her a call.

Last Friday, Oct. 15, I received my new membership card along with another larger package. Verified my membership card and replaced my old card with the new one. Everything was up to date, and I would be able to shoot in the Pensacola match if I can get away.

I then opened the other package and lo and behold, it was a new membership packet. Included in that package was a new GSSF cap and another membership card with my name on it, but with a different membership number.

So, I'm wondering if I can purchase 2 additional Glocks at discount prices. One this year and one next calender year?