How long did it take to get your Beltman Belt?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by racer88, Feb 11, 2010.

1. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Hello all,

Just wondering how long you waited to get your Beltman belt? The website info says to expect your order in 30 days. It's been over 7 weeks since I placed my order, but I have not received anything, yet.

Just wonderin'. :)

2. kgjl

kgjl

Two or three years ago it took about 3 weeks for mine. It is well worth the wait. Great belt!

3. deadhawg

deadhawg

About 30 days, last year. Have you called them?

4. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Haven't called them. But, I did send an email last night. We'll see if I hear back.

5. The Habit

The Habit كافر

IIRC, I waited about a month, five or so years ago. It's about time to replace the one I have. It's lost a good bit of it's rigidity. Of course, I've worn it three or four days per week in the five years I've had it. I wear my Wilson Combat (made by Rafter S) belt on the other days. Not to disparage Beltman belts but the Rafter S is as stiff as the day I bought it.

6. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Give him a call, great person to talk with. He will accept changes to your order right up to before he cuts the leather. Have your invoice/recept number handy when you call so he can look you up on the computer.

7. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

3 weeks. Call or email. I've always rec'd outstanding customer service from him.

8. flatag

flatag Must have tacos

I just receive an email from them. They said they're a little behind due to all of the holiday orders. Mine will ship early next week and I ordered a custom belt on Jan 2nd.

I ordered one of the quick ship belts in December and received it in less than a week.

Beltman belts are worth the wait.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

When I got mine, I think it was about 5 weeks(3-4yrs ago I think). I wouldn't get worked up over it, the belt is WELL worth the wait.

IGF

10. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Definitely not worked up. Was just curious. I've got my crossbreed belt right now. I just needed something a bit more narrow (1-1/4") for my dress pants. So, I ordered 2 Beltman horsehide belts - one brown, one black. Looking forward to trying them out.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Ah, so you know what you're getting.. :)

You'd be amazed at the people that are calling/emailing at 31 days.

12. BobInTX

BobInTX

Be sure you use Loctite on the screws like he suggests. Mine did come out and I had to order some more. Felt like a fool.

13. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Like me. It's all about expectations. He really should take down the 30 day thing from his website. I ordered a horse belt on 12/27 and was told 30 days when I placed the order. I emailed them about another issue a couple weeks later and was advised that leadtimes had increased to 40 days. Great, thanks for the heads-up. Expectations adjusted. I received a notice that it shipped yesterday. If it arrives Saturday, that will be 47 days. This is my 4th Beltman so I know it's worth the wait but you have to manage expectations when you're in business. All Jim needs to do is call his webmaster and change the 30 to 50 or whatever. People just want you to do what you say you're going to do. Especially when you are doing business sight unseen over the internet, this is very important. I hope Jim doesn't get so busy that he let's it get away from him.

14. Jestur

Jestur

I called him today with a question. I only took 2 minutes of his time, so don't holler at me for taking up his build time. He told me 40 days. The holidays have backed him up. Placed the order, my first beltman. Let the testing of my patience begin.

15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I guess I'm just more patient. I remember the first time I ordered from Comp-Tac(like 3 days before christmas)... around Jan 20th, I called to find out where my holster was... The guy answered and he said, well you should've had it by now, let me get this in the que so we can get you another one out"...lol. I got the next one about 2 days later.

Maybe I'm more patient than most, I dunno... but I do agree w/ you, if he knows its running over 30 days, which it has been for quite a while, he should update his website.

IGF

16. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Got an email back from Jim. There was a little hiccup in the production of my belts. But, they're shipping out on Monday. Yippee! :)

17. RioKid

RioKid

I bought mine a couple of years ago and IIRC it was about 30 days. I really like it except for the fact that it has shrunk a couple of inches since I bought it.:whistling:

18. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Any details on the "hiccup"?

19. timbo813

timbo813

I just got a shipment notification today for mine. I think it's been a little over a month. I'm excited to try it.

20. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Sure. I ordered the belts with the velcro lining, and they realized (before sending the order out) they forgot to do that.