How long before the ATF decides this is a "Machine Gun"?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by jk_226, Oct 28, 2020.

1. jk_226

jk_226

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. lineback911

lineback911

I’m sure someone will send them a letter asking for clarification soon enough, people like to poke the bear

Colt38SuperDude, garya1961 and jk_226 like this.

3. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

It all depends on who is in power after the election. If its Trump, gun gear is safe for four more years. My gut feeling is that he'll fire the people at BATFE who are playing games on AR/AK pistols and braces, which will reign in the rest of 'em, at least for a spell.

If its Harris/Biden, all bets are off. The AR itself could be retroactively banned as an MG. Or maybe they'll do a "watch my thumb" thing in which a dem congress passes a law making AR's NFA items - then they get shifted from "legal with a tax stamp" to "nope, turn 'em in" by redefinition after they've got a bunch registered. Or whatever. But the people who own Harris/Biden have made it very clear that they want your guns, starting with modern rifles and accessories.

Grumpy

fx77, Sherlock913 and jk_226 like this.
  4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

This does not move me either way, a good trigger is a better way to get two quick accurate shots on target, this is a gimmick for the have to have it crowd, an overpriced mid quality gimmick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherlock913 and nitesit(+ an e) like this.
  5. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Florida already banned them.

porschedog and DaleGribble like this.
  6. jk_226

jk_226

I'm with you on that. I'm proficient enough with a semi auto AR-15 that I can put several rounds right on target pretty damn quick. I have no desire for a full auto or even the 2 round burst.

I just found it interesting when it popped up in an add on GT.

Sherlock913 likes this.
  7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Like bump stocks were safe?

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  8. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

This post just proves that we are our own worst enemy.

No, this trigger is not safe under Trump, neither are your high capacity magazines, adjustable stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, red dot sights, or any other firearm accessory. Let's not forget, Trump also openly talked about banning silencers and taking on the NRA.

Trump is not a friend to the 2A community. He's not going to deliver any legislation to help us either. Trump is better than Biden in that he's not talking about gun confiscation, but that's about where the differences end in terms of gun rights.

When Trump banned bump stocks with the swipe of a pen, he set in motion a precedent. Currently, the bumpstock ban is being challenged in court, and hopefully, SCOTUS will eventually weigh-in and recognize the blatant infringement in President Trump's order, but to assert that anything gun-related is safe under Trump, is laughable, totally laughable.

10. DaleGribble

The collective memory loss in the 2A community is simply astounding.

Thank you for doing your part to correct it, even if your (our) efforts fall on deaf ears.

Colt38SuperDude likes this.
  11. slackercruster

slackercruster

Born L.A. - NYC 2nd Home - Rustbelt is Home Base

Will Trump rescue the AR pistol ATF mess?

12. DaleGribble

I've yet to see a mess. All I've seen is supposition and nothing coming from the ATF.

If the ATF does make the alleged move, we'll have to wait and see. I don't know what Trump will do.

billy_56081 likes this.
  13. R*E

R*E

I’m anticipating accidental discharges because someone forgets or doesn’t know what the binary switch does. Or the label falls off.

Anyone remember the skeet shotguns that fire when the trigger is released? Seems like an odd way of doing things. Kinda like the way the British drive on the left side of the road.

14. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Trump will clean up that ATF mess if solely to take care of the “ deep state” bureaucrats who did these ATF rulings now to hurt his re-election. He made a EO to make it easier to fire the “rule makers” at such agencies as a result.

Trump doesn’t have to be pro-2A to get my vote. He just has to be less anti-2A than the other choice. Remember what Biden did for gun control in the past. He pushed thru the 1994 assault weapon ban ( any New magazines above 10 rounds were illegal) . He pushed thru the lauterburg law that made people lose their 2A rights retroactively. And is for more gun control.

15. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

I normally agree with most of your post but let’s fact check this.

Trump did not ban bump stocks. Trump sent an EO to the ATF to re-examine bump stocks for reclassification. Trump can’t ban anything.

Bump stocks are FAR from over. There are a number of cases STILL being litigated in the courts and this one is going to SCOTUS.

Trump like any good business executive says things to appease some group, doesn’t mean he’ll follow through or is sincere.

He know’s gun control won’t pass Congress. It’s political suicide.

Grumpy_old_man likes this.
  16. DaleGribble

You are correct, Trump did not sign an executive order actually banning bump stocks. I misspoke, good catch. Trump did own it though...

upload_2020-10-28_12-7-54.png

17. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

This is why I mock both leftists and rightwingers. Constitutional Rights infringement is only "bad" if the other side did it. If "our" side did it, then it's OK and we'll find excuses for "our people" because if the OTHER SIDE were to be in powerful, they would have done more bad thing.

18. DaleGribble

Some of the "conservatives" around here actually blocked me because I said Obama actually did more for American gun rights than any Republican President in my lifetime, and then I proved it.

They had melt downs.

19. 1cm

1cm

As soon as Trump tells them it is a Machine Gun, like what happened with Bump Stocks.

20. No Quarter

No Quarter

Beware the single issue voter... They regularly cut off their own noses to spite their faces.