close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How long a wait for a GSSF Certificate gun?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by tkharris, Mar 24, 2010.

1. tkharris

tkharris

I ordered and paid for a 4th Gen G17 a month ago and am still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. I checked yesterday and they have at least one 4th Gen G17 in stock but I was told the GSSF guns are ordered through Glock and they usually take 4-6 weeks to ship. Anybody else run into this situation?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

That's news to me. I never had to wait.

3. tkharris

tkharris

What I guess I am trying to determine is whether or not this is something others have run in to and is simply the cost of getting the great GSSF deal or whether it is not a requirement of using the certificate. I believe that under the old GSSF certificate program some dealers would just pull the gun from stock and use that to honor the certificate, while others would insist that they could not do that and had to order the gun through Glock specifically as a GSSF gun.

DannyR, I imagine that you have a dealer who is willing to just pull it off the shelf and if that is the case you are fortunate. I can tell you that waiting 4-6 weeks and then the Maryland 7 day waiting period is a little frustrating.

So anyone else have their dealer tell them they cannot purchase that new Glock sitting in their display case with the certificate but will have to wait a month or two until the GSSF Glock that he orders arrives in the shop?

4. dubels

dubels

I didn't have that problem as I went straight to a LEO supply store under the old program. I am not sure how the new program works. The Glocks that they might have in stock might be purchased at retailer wholesale and not under the GSSF wholesale price. The way the old system worked was that the LEO stores got them at LEO wholesale so they could sell you their stock since the discount was to give GSSF members LEO pricing. If under the new program there are specific labels and pricing for GSSF Glocks, selling you a Glock that is in stock but purchased before the new GSSF program, will make the store lose money since they bought it at regular glock wholesale and not GSSF wholesale.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  5. tkharris

tkharris

I also went straight to a LEO supply store and used the certificate under the old program and was told I had to wait nevetheless. I understand things are changing as of Arpil 1st and the program has been expanded but what I have described is under the old program where you hand them the camo certificate with the prices on it.

The dealer is a Law Enforcement Distributor for Glock in my State. He was out of Gen 4 G17's the day I went in but I know he has gotten at least one in since then and I was told I could not have that one as they could only give me the GSSF gun. As the gentleman explained to me, "We have not gotten in your GSSF gun yet, Glock really takes their time shipping those out".

Dubels, Can I take from your response that when you redeemed your certificate you were also provided a gun out of the dealers stock?

6. road1will

road1will

I just bought mine out of the dealers stock. It is a LEO/ GSSF dealer.

7. VIPRETR2

VIPRETR2

I heard The Cop Shop can be hard to deal with if you are not LEO. My original post was deleted so I am happy to hear you were satisfied with the way things were handled.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. hogarth

hogarth

Hi all. I'm new to this thread and am currently "dealing" with "The Cop Shop" in b-more. I am running into this exact situation. Their new policy is they will not sell you a gun via GSSF cert. from their in-store stock (this must be very new, b/c I know someone who got a G17 recently from there with the cert and he got it from their stock).

I walked in there in February with cert, had to pay IN FULL for the new Glock, was told it could be anywhere from a few days to 3-4 weeks. It's now been nearly five weeks. I called on Saturday and was told to ask for Sam on Wednesday. So I called today and they said they have no idea what the ETA is, but that it could take as long as 12 weeks (!). Evidently, Glock doesn't really give them (or any dealer, I guess) a heads up about when things are on the way, or when to expect them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  9. dubels

dubels

I know for a fact that I got one out of the dealers stock. I live in California and when they broke the seal on my box they took out the three "hi-cap" magazines and told me that they would replace them with 2 10 rounders. The gun was originally meant to be sold to LEOs and had no markings as if it was a GSSF gun or not. LEO blue label and all.

The old certificate program does not expire until April 1st. So the old dealers under the old program should still honor the certificate, contact GSSF about this.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  10. road1will

road1will

Definitely contact GSSF about this!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  11. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

This sounds like an issue with you guys store. The stores I talked to here just sell you one out of their stock.

12. Olivers_AR

Olivers_AR

Ordered from Ed's Public Safety in GA on a Saturday picked it up Tuesday in VA this week using the GSSF certificate.

13. JohnTz

JohnTz

Sounds like this dealer isnt the best one to use. I got my gun right from blue lable stock and only had to wait the three day IL mandatory period. Sounds like your dealer is up to something as even if you ordered a Glock from a normal dealer it wouldn't take 12 weeks unless you wanted something like a 17L or a 24C that are not made very often. Get your money and certificate back and go somewhere else or use Ed's

14. tkharris

tkharris

Well I have looked into this with people who presumably know how things operate and I am told this is not unusual for smaller dealers. So I guess I will just exercise some patience.

15. BabyG

BabyG

If you are buying from an LE dealer he may not have enough stock to sell to GSSF members. He can hold on to his stock for his LE clients. LE COMES FIRST!!

In that case the dealer will order your gun, you will have to wait until GLOCK produces that gun and ships it to the dealer.

Please keep in mind that the dealers do not have to participate in this program. Treating them rudely, demanding they sell you the last gun in stock, or taking an attitude with them can cause them to opt out at any time. Meaning one less dealer to work with.

Cop Shop is good to work with, I have. If they order your gun you will have to sign paperwork to that affect. You will have to wait until they have it in stock again. Cop Shop will have to wait for GLOCK to ship them the gun.

Call the dealer first and find out if they have the model you want in stock, if they don't they can order it. If you don't want to wait try another dealer to see if they have it in stock. It can take several weeks to get the gun you ordered.

The other option is to order from a dealer out of state and have it delivered to your FFL. Of course that will add shipping cost and transfer fee.

If you keep causing headaches for the dealers they in turn are going to complain to GLOCK / GSSF and the program can end at anytime.

BabyG
    Has Friends in Low Places

16. tkharris

tkharris

BabyG:

The purpose of this thread was to get a ballpark figure for how long people were waiting for their GSSF Gen 4 G17's.

I did not treat the dealer rudely, I did not demand they sell me the last gun in stock and I certainly did not cop an attitude with anyone. If there was any misunderstanding it was my assumption that the Gen 4 G17 on the counter was stock when it was instead a dealer sample and not for sale.

I do not believe I have caused a headache for anyone. I have never identified the dealer in question on a public forum nor have I made disparaging comments about this dealer. In fact I have nothing bad to say about the dealer in question.

If anything this thread helps explain why there is sometimes a wait and that that wait is what happens when demand exceeds supply. The next time someone else is in the same boat they will have this thread as a resource to explain why there is sometimes a wait for a GSSF gun in high demand.

17. hogarth

hogarth

Well everyone, I emailed GSSF and heard back from Donna (very promptly, I might add!) Everything with the Cop Shop is on the up and up, definitely.

When I got home today I also had a message from the owner, who was less than thrilled, shall we say, about my comments above (which I have since edited, but unfortunately still exist as someone else quoted me, which I cannot fix road1will, can you delete it for me please?).

Sam was fully prepared to refund my $ and send me elsewhere due to my disparaging remarks, but, I gotta say, he is one stand up guy, a better man than me. He explained the situation, how they deal with Glock, GSSF, etc. That, combined with Donna's reply to my email, makes everything crystal clear to this moron (ME!) what's happened.

So first, publicly, my apologies to Sam and his people at The Cop Shop. As he is a former LEO he immediately commands my respect, which I did not give above. A bad day for me, I guess, and I took it out on him and his business, which obviously I should not have done, especially since I was ignorant of certain facts. I hope he, his staff, and the others here on GT can appreciate that I'm just eager to acquire my new Glock.

Secondly, Glock does not stock guns back at their HQ. They churn them out as fast as they can, so I guess I have the knowledge that mine, when I do get it, will literally be days old.

Patience, patience.

I would much prefer to give my business to The Cop Shop than other area dealers, as I support them as GSSF business as well as the fact that Sam is a former LEO. Plus, their prices on Glocks, even pre-GSSF, are pretty much the best around. Hopefully, I have not burned that bridge with Sam!

Anyway, that's my story. Others may get different deals at other shops in other places, but evidently the Cop Shop can't keep Glocks in stock (b/c they sell so many), so it's just a waiting game now.

18. tydefan05

tydefan05

Nothing wrong with getting a little excited...I'm glad y'all worked it out. It must be good to be Glock though. Some folks can't move their products these days...Glock needs a "Hot Now" sign like Krispy Kreme Donuts.

19. 1stang08

1stang08

I just picked up a G34 a few weeks ago. I ordered a G34 with the glock night sights and was waitting almost 6 weeks and still no gun. They said that they had to order it from glock.. I called the store back up after waitting the 6 weeks and asked if they had any G34 instock, and they did. so I went back to the store and they had the G34 with the fixed sights...so I was able to pick that up and now I am just going to install my own sights. The only thing that I thought was weird was that they charged me $510 for the fixed sight 34 when on the old GSSF cert. it says $480. I think I got screwed on that, but I did get to keep all three mags.....so it works out I think.

20. road1will

road1will

It was a blue label gun? Did they know you were redeeming a GSSF certificate? They have to stick to the GSSF pricing....