close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How is this for a workout schedule

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Rob96, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

Now I am not trying to be on the cover of Mens health or anything. I am just looking at increasing my strength, getting rid of my belly fat, and putting on some lean muscle. To date I have dropped 25 lbs., 44 waist to 40 and put 1.5 inches on my arms.

Monday:
    15 min. cardio,arms, and back

Tuesday:
    15 min. cardio, chest and legs

Wednesday:
    Off

Thursday:
    same as Monday

Friday same as Tuesday

Saturday: (Sometimes)
    15 min. cardio, arms

Sunday: OFF

2. DBradD

DBradD

Seems like a reasonable beginner's workout. I assume that you're doing something for deltoids and counting that as one of the other categories, right? You shouldn't skip delts. Recommend getting abs (and obliques - think sidebends) on one of the serious days that gets done every week, not on the "sometimes" Saturday workout. Doing any stretching?

DBD

3. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

I have metioned this book before. I recommend the program outlined in Bill Phillip's "Body for Life".

Basically you'll be doing M-Upper Body Tue--Cardio Weds--Lower Body Thurs--Cardio Fri--Upper Body Sat-- Cardio Sun--OFF Mon--Lower Body Tue--Cardio WedsUpper Body Thur--cardio Fri--Lower Body Sat--cardio Sun--off

Cardio is what Phillips calls high point training, it is really a 20 minute version of HIIT. Weight training is fst paced enough to keep your heart rate going.

the book also outline an easy to follow eating plan that gives you a free DAY weekly.

Jack

4. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

Thanks for the advice. Yes I am getting Delts in, wouldn't forget them. Will look for the book. Yes I do stretch and cool down.