How is the Sig 320 holding up?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by G33, Oct 8, 2019.

1. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

All my other Sigs are metal.
    Tried a 250 on loan.
    Did not keep it.
    :)

Mayhem like Me likes this.
  2. 21Brutus

21Brutus

3. oldmick

oldmick

So far, holding up OK. I have had a few issues. I had one Romeo1 replaced under warranty. The oldest 320 is about 3 years old. I also had both the front and rear sight come loose. Back to Sig and they replaced them (suppressor-height).

4. MD357

MD357

250 triggers are garbage IMO.

I have three P320s, two in 9mm and one in .357sig. No issues.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Thanks.
    More please?
    :)

6. J-Doo

J-Doo

I have more 320’s than I need. Zero issues with any 320c, M-17, X-Carry and RX-full size. I put X-grips on all of them. Two Romeo 1’s that are also flawless. I love them as much as my Glock’s.

7. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

250 is gross.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8. collim1

collim1 5ft of fury. The champ is back!

The P250 was a real bummer.

The P320 is a decent shooter but not my preference. I tried a .45 full size a couple of years ago. Didn’t hang onto it long.

9. brutusbeefcake

brutusbeefcake

I have just under 2k rounds of range ammo and jhp's on my 320 compact with absolutely no problems at all. I put an x-compact grip module and trigger on it. It is a very accurate shooter for me.

powernoodle likes this.
  10. UncleDave

UncleDave

The P250 was the answer to a question nobody asked.

I've had 3 P320's: A full-size .45, an X-Compact 9mm, and now a P320-M17. Haven't shot the M17 yet, but had nothing but flawless performance from the other two.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1

Theres a lot of DAO handguns out there and that's what the P250 is a hammer fired doa pistol . Like or don't but the whining not needed .

I carried a p32040 compact for 4.5 years and a have a fullsize . Both are early production models and both have been upgraded a 1.8 years ago . I also have a P320 XC that has a great 4lb trigger trigger that will take an optic and this models a bit odd . Used the old sub compact size slide and a compact new style grip module that I like enough to order one for my old p320c . Zero issues with any .

pblanc likes this.
  12. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I only tried one once, and the trigger was something I really liked about it.

Deputydave likes this.
  13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

My buddy’s range’s rental P320 is down again. I’ll try to get more details.

To be fair, every range rental at this place eventually goes down.

14. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Same here. I liked the P250 I had, more than the P320 I had. Mine was in .45acp and the trigger was a very smooth pull all the way through. Having grown up on long, heavy DA revolvers, the P250 was a treat. I kinda regret trading it away as I had it all set up with night sights and lots of mags. But I was in one of my B/S/T phases and I couldn't resist the deal.

Wouldn't mind having another one. I like a DA hammer fired pistol.

pblanc, jr24 and Redeemed like this.
  15. MD357

MD357

You're in luck then, they are dirt cheap used if you want one.

16. SmithModelOne

SmithModelOne

I have a few thousand rounds through my P320, which I bought as a red box Sig factory refurb for about $375 out the door.

I haven't had any problems with it, but I do find myself hating life when it's time to clean the stupid trigger group assembly. The cacophony of tiny pins, springs and oddly shaped metal parts makes overhauling a revolver seem simple, and all of that makes me love the simplicity of the Glock even more.

Mike

JGIORD and 835mag like this.
  17. UncleDave

UncleDave

I'm a metal DA/SA snob, but as far as striker-fired pistols go, the P320 is my favorite by a large margin. They fit me perfectly and I shoot them well. You can find many good used examples out there for low prices. They're like expensive Legos, and you can have several different configurations with only one serialized part. Perfect, no. Fun and reliable, yes.

And my understanding is (correct me if I'm wrong) you can interchange P320 grip modules - even the X-series - with the P250. If you want a DAO X-carry, buy the X-Carry grip module for your P250 compact and have fun. Why not?

Regarding the P250 I think it was a matter of expectations and what people were used to. I have a retired LEO friend who came from DA/SA and DAO Sigs most of his career and he really likes the P250. Most complaints I hear are from people who started with strikers and expected the P250 to be more like a striker, and don't like the longer DA pull. I tried the P250 and found it to be every bit as accurate as my P320's. I wouldn't say it "sucks" by any means, and by "answer to a question nobody asked" I mean it came to market a little late for most gun buyers to really be receptive to the idea.

I would say the P320 is holding up well and if you like it, buy it and enjoy it.

pokersamurai and Deputydave like this.
  18. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

No problems yet with my M17, but I only have less than 500 rounds through it so far. Very accurate and carries well.

19. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I agree. The P250 is a perfectly serviceable poly pistol. I've found that those that are proficient with/grew up on DA revolvers and pistols have no issues with long DA trigger pulls. I work with quite a few Deputies under my command that actually prefer a DA hammer fired pistol over striker fired pistols. Those that only have striker-fired experience or limited DA hammer fired experience tend to not like the DA trigger pull. I've seen this with the P250 as well as LCP, LC9 and other DA hammer fired pistols. The usual comment is, 'the trigger sucks'. Yet the ones I've personally owned and/or shot were perfectly fine and usually much less of a trigger pull than a DA revolver.

It would seem that anything heavier than 5lbs with a short trigger stroke is too much. Yet to those of us that are used to 12lbs trigger pulls on revolvers it really isn't an issue at all.

As I mentioned, I'd rather have a P250 than a P320. At least the P250 isn't likely to go off in the holster.

:couch:

pokersamurai likes this.
  20. jr24

jr24

I liked the 250 I had well enough, my only issue with the trigger was I had a tendency to short stroke the reset on rapid strings, which was bad but totally a me issue (used to the Ruger SR and 1911s I had at the time). I bought the Sig and a spare slide and mags for crazy cheap (I think less than $400 for the gun in 9mm and a .40 x change kit and spare mags in both calibers) and ended up with a new Glock 21 basically straight up.

As for the 320? If it's plastic and a striker, Glock just seems to work best for me. I did like the VTac I shot quite a bit, but it still didn't do any better than a stock 17 in my hands.

Or if you drop it ... o_O;):D

Deputydave likes this.