How is the duracoat holding up?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by trlcavscout, Jan 12, 2010.

1. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I want to get a new G19 and have the whole thing duracoated in ACU, I am just curious how the carry guns that have been coated are holding up? Other then a class I am going to this spring it wont be in and out of the holster alot, I will use a stock one for most shooting. Thanks.

2. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

I have often wondered the same thing :dunno:

3. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Somebody has to have a cool carry gun? I know the slide will wear with holstering, I just want to know about the frame? If I do this I am gonna buy 2 G19's so I can carry one while I have the other one coated.

4. cantuckee

cantuckee

I don't know how carry guns are holding up, but I did use duracoat on my mossberg and I shot 300 rounds through it in one day, the heat didnt do anything to it. Holding up well

5. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Holds up like very well prepped paint.

6. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

I had a Ruger MK II Duracoated. While it hasn't been holstered much, it has been shot a lot. Still looks like it did when it was first done.

[​IMG]

7. blinddog

blinddog

I have two G-21's from 1991 that I carried one or the other of till 2003 when I retired had both slides duracoated in 2006 and have been useing one as a house gun and the other as a carry gun holstered every day and under a shirt or coat can't tell the differance between them yet, they both go to the range a couple times a month and fire about 200-300 rounds a month from each. Like I said I cannot see a diferance in them yet and it has been three and a half or four years since the duracoat. Don't remember the exact month but I think it was spring of '06 that they got the duracoat.