close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How is 9mm Remington Express 115gr. +P Hollow Point Ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by chukb, Mar 28, 2010.

1. chukb

chukb

2. five-0

five-0

For what?

I've found it to be accurate and reliable. It also has very bright muzzle flash.

Terminal ballistics? I wouldn't want to get hit with it, but there is much better out there.
    Shot placement is everything, so I could make it work and not feel undergunned, but I'd rather have Gold Dots, Ranger-Ts, HSTs, or Golden Saber in 124gr+P or 147gr.

3. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

A few years ago I had some of the 115gr. +P+ Remington loads. Out of my CZ's long barrel they were pretty impressive. When I shot them out of my 239 they did not expand. So they are very dependant on velocity to expand. I'd go for one of the more modern rounds if you can find it.

4. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Somewhat dated, but still a good self-defence load. Back in the early 90's, I found a shop closing it's doors, that was getting rid of this load, for about $10 a box. I bought ten boxes, and just stored them.

Back in the day, we couldn't get the non-+P version to expand as well as the Federal 9BP or the Silvertip, but it would feed in just about any 9mm. This load expanded better, and still obviously feed as sweetly as it's little brother.