Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
I don't know if this works for you, but I use an Alien Gear Cloak Slide OWB and skip a belt loop at 3:00 or so. This lets me slide the holster back to 4:00 on most occasions, and up to about 2-3:00 when in the car so the gun is accessible.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe I'm old fashioned but that method seems rather drastic for such a hi quality holster. I've been carrying for 23 years. Always IWB & either K.L. Null or Milt Sparks brands. I'm talking 7 to 10 $130.00+ holsters & I've never had to do anything more than wear'em a week to ten days and all have been spot on correct. Rosen is up there with the top makers so I can't imagine having to what sounds like undoing or reshaping it. IMO, if I had to go that route (me personally) I'd find another holster maker. Someone who gets it right nearly out of the box. I'm thinking Mitch Rosen not going to recommend that method. I'm also thinking it's your rig and you get to do whatever it is you feel makes it "right" for your needs. Plus I kinda like a tight hand boned leather.

·
Retired police officer and retired holster maker
979 Posts
As a maker, my holsters are all wet molded, hand boned, and I use an acrylic finish inside and out. Because of an exact fit my customers either let the holster break in through daily use or place their unloaded firearm in a baggie, place the bagged firearm in the holster and let sit over night. One or two nights and fit and draw will be perfect.

·
rip "Bud"
10,907 Posts
I don't comfortably carry IWB a handgun wider than one inch. Or over 1# loaded.

So I use a longer untucked shirt and drop it in my pocket with the Side clip hooked on the edge of the pocket rather than the top of my trousers....

Always very comfy at my age.... No printing either.
We have a stand up mirror to check before we leave home.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used to make my own holsters and wet molded them to the gun. When they dry they would be fairly stiff.
I dont like a tight holster so I speed up the process with water. Its ready to go in one day. Custom adjusted to what I prefer. Same thing with mag pouches.
I tried IWB and to me its uncomfortable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts