close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How high out of the frame are the front slide rails on your G21?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cbsaf, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cbsaf

cbsaf

I just want to verify my G21 frame is normal. When I remove the slide the rear slide rails are perfectly even and flush vertically with the polymer frame. The front rails, however, are higher than the polymer frame. About half the thickness of the front rails are above the polymer. Basically, it looks like they may have not been embedded deep enough.

I checked my 9mm and .40 Glocks and both the front and rear slide rails all rest generally even with the polymer. Is a higher pair of front rails normal on the G21? I know the slide is supposed to be loose just like my other models but when assembled I have a ton of vertical play in the front of the slide. The rear is as tight as my other models though. The height difference is clear just by looking at it. It is not such a minor case that you need to run your fingers across it to feel it.

I am worried that the machine that holds the rails as the frame was formed around them may have been out of spec the day mine was made.

I'll post pictures when I get home.

2. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Mine stick out/above only marginally above the plastic they're imbedded in, less than a mm...

3. cbsaf

cbsaf

But they stick up more than the rear rails?

4. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610

Looking at my 21's I see a diffrence from the front to back. I would say this is normal. Are you having any issues when firing the gun?

5. cbsaf

cbsaf

No, but I just want to make sure. I want to prevent any issues. It seems odd since my other models aren't this way and I have what I consider more movement than usual.

Anybody got pictures of your G21 front rails?

6. cbsaf

cbsaf

Here is a picture. The rear rail is even with the polymer in front of it but the front rail is taller. It is higher than the locking block. The locking block does not seat flushly either. You can see light under the front of it.

[​IMG]

7. AA#5

AA#5

After you piqued my interest, I just checked my Mod. 21. ("H" serial #) The front rails on mine are a bit higher than the frame & the rear rails are even with the frame - exactly like yours in the photo.

When I look through my locking block, I can see a very tiny sliver of light under the FRONT half of it but not under the rear. This 21 has had 1,800 rounds through it.

8. cbsaf

cbsaf

Sounds exactly like mine. Hopefully more people will chime in with the same answer. Here it is assembled. It has quite a larger gap in the front.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  9. whitey4311

whitey4311

I have the same gun and mine look about the same. I have no idea how you would notice some thing like this but I am sure it is fine. I also have the sliver of light under the locking block.