How GSSF & friends we met helped shape a young man

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by on target, May 6, 2007.

1. on target

on target Guest

For those of you that remember Russell and me and wondered where we have been, Russ is graduating from The George Washington University on May 18 (Business School) & May 20 main graduation.

Russ who is now 22 was awarded the highest honors the business school can bestow. He was awarded the outstanding scholar in his accounting specialty and the Distinguished Scholar of the Business School. Russ has maintained a 4.0 average in accounting and a 3.89 in all his classes.

So many of you guys Danny, Dr. Rod, Andy, Tom, Firglock and so many more made genuine impressions on Russ and he has become and amazing young man. As a graduation present we are attending a 4 day defensive handgun class in July. Now think about what most kids graduating college would ask for as a graduation present.

Thanks all you guys and gals that have provided such a positive image for Russ and to all the young men and woman who attend GSSF matches nationwide.

BTW when he reads this he is going to kill me, he is very humble and wouldn’t have told anyone, but as a proud parent I wanted you to share in his accomplishments.

Marc

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I remember an old saying, THE APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE:thumbsup:

3. GlockMom

GlockMom

Hope to see you and Russ again soon, maybe NJ GSSF match ? if not tell him hi and we wish him the very best,

GM & Sniper 7.62

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It pleases me that I may have had a positive impact on Russ, but I would say the true guidance and positive influence on Russ came not from us or GSSF but from a father that cares and nurtured his son. You are the model he sees everyday! Congratulations Russ, I hope the future holds great things for you. :)

PS: I share your pride, our daughter Janna graduated from University of Tampa Saturday, cum laude with two degrees.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Marc, that's pretty gratifying to hear. I'm willing to bet that the GSSF office would like to hear about that. ;)

:patriot:

6. on target

on target Guest

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and Jerry congrats, way to go. All the folks from GSSF in GA have been great to Russ and I over the years. We hope to do at least NJ and PA this summer, looking foward to seeing everyone.

Marc

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

To you and Russ both!! I know how proud you are of Russ! I hope we get to see you two at the Jackson match in June. We be shooting Saturday, returning to Florida Sunday.

Dan:cool:

8. on target

on target Guest

Plan to be there Saturday, looking forward to seeing you

Marc

9. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Marc,
    That is great news for sure. Please pass my congrats onto Russ. He was always a great kid at all of the matches that we ran into him at.
    Have fun at the course this summer.

Tom

10. on target

on target Guest

Thanks Chief, Russ will really appreciate that. For all of you here is a link of Russ and one of his honors

http://business.gwu.edu/ugrad/outstandingfacandmentors.htm